Call Centre Hell (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Placed a service call on Monday. Was told busted monitor would be collected today, but no time given. Took today off work so i'd be here.

Realised last night I'd mixed up two digits in my mobile number (I don't call myself very often) when i gave it to them. Rang this morning to see if they could tell me roughly what time the courier collection would be at & to give them the right number.

"You gave us the wrong phone number so the courier won't be able to call to arrange a time so we'll cancel the call & start again. It'll be collected in two days."

Eh, no. I don't think so.

Placed a service call on Monday. Was told busted monitor would be collected today, but no time given. Took today off work so i'd be here.

Realised last night I'd mixed up two digits in my mobile number (I don't call myself very often) when i gave it to them. Rang this morning to see if they could tell me roughly what time the courier collection would be at & to give them the right number.

"You gave us the wrong phone number so the courier won't be able to call to arrange a time so we'll cancel the call & start again. It'll be collected in two days."

Eh, no. I don't think so.

SO YEAH this all worked out ok in the end, thanks for asking. Rang the local guys and they called out after lunchtime to pick it up.

organ grinder > monkey

Because you get to make those kind of overriding policies decisions when you're in a heavily monitored call centre job speaking to unreasonable assholes all day.

Take it up with the company, this isn't the call centres fault.

Jesus, the amount of times I actually went and broke protocol just to try and help someone only to have it thrown back in my face by the prick in the other side because the world doesn't revolve around them.

Ha! Make a formal complaint about how the agents couldn't and wouldn't help you. Believe it or not, these things get listened to.

It's not a job I miss or am willing to ever do again.

Sounds like he sorted himself out?

Anyway, we all choose who we work for so I guess there's no REAL defence for the call centre people.

i've worked in many call centres, and this is what i learned. call centre phone monkies don't give a fuck about you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back