buying art (1 Viewer)

benni

I wanna start getting a little collection going and id love to buy irish if possible. Mainly looking for abstract kinda stuff but im open to all styles. Anyone know of places on line or local galleries - maybe where students exhibit etc. got a very limited budget at the mo but would like to become familiar and see whats around at the mo etc etc.

The Bad Art Gallery on Francis St has some amazing stuff,but some is quite pricey.

It's worth keeping an eye/ear open for student exhibitions. I got a couple of very nice pieces last year at one that was held in a gallery on Dame St (name escapes me).

I also bought a few pieces by Bea McMahon (from her "Lace" projects) a few years ago.

I buy what I love though, not as an investment.

yeah totally me too - whatever i like the look of etc etc thats why im not only looking for one name or genre etc etc. Thanks for those tips tho. Where's best for keeping an eye on student exhibitions? Or is it just a matter of keeping your eye on flyers around the place etc?
nice wan.

yeah totally me too - whatever i like the look of etc etc thats why im not only looking for one name or genre etc etc. Thanks for those tips tho. Where's best for keeping an eye on student exhibitions? Or is it just a matter of keeping your eye on flyers around the place etc?
nice wan.

A friend of mine was part of the last student exhibition I went to. But I live near NCAD so I also keep an eye on the notice board.

You can also put your name down with most galleries and they'll send you out catalogues when they have new exhibitions starting. If you do see something you like, or think you'll like it is always best to go to the opening - the good ones go quickly.

But go to the Bad Art Gallery... it's a must, something for all tastes there.

Cool nice one for the tips - will head down to that gallery over the weekend.

yeah i know twoombo (tom) for years. the other lad i met through a friend.

he has a lovely kind of illustrative style and a lot of his work is etchings so it looks kind of 1800s like it was taken out of a really old book or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back