Buying a new PC- recommendations? (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
I will be buying a new PC, one of the ready to go jobs- i dont have the knowledge/time/inclination to build one myself

The last oneI got was an e-machines 140 almost six years ago, which worked fine until it became really slow and not worth upgrading.

So what I'm wondering is , are there any cheap-ish ones out there I should go for, or more importantly any i should avoid at all costs?

Itd be mostly used for graphics.

I'll be buying it in Dublin next weekend probably and the internets not really an option as I need it right away.

Should I give Dell a ring? Or just go back to PC World?

any advice?

howerya johnny,
if it's ready to go you're after, then dell would be the best option,as they are cheaper than pc world, but you would want to get the max available graphics card dell supply for your photoshoppin and flashin, and i would avoid any of the cheaper machines with celerons in em............

:( So the RAM didn't work out for you? Apologies, seeing as I was the one who recommended it. I hope you managed to get your money back for it.

not your fault bladez!

my ancient mother board canna handle any more, so its got to go

and PC world gave me a full refund so no harm done!

got to sort this quickly- i have two flas( anout 200K) open and I got the "warning- system low on virtual memory " pop up

how shit is that!?

i dont have the knowledge/time/inclination to build one myself

Even if you did Ireland is a bad place to try buy the parts....

I went with Dell too - more through lack of choice than anything else. Their support is shit but can u name me anywhere that it isn't.

I've been looking at the Dell site- every combo I've tried has gone over €1000!
I hadn;'t planned on spending that much at all- I thought itd be somewhere arounf the €600 tops

I'm told PC world is surprisingly cheap. Lad i live with sells computers to poshos, said someone was looking for a top top top spec laptop (four gig of ram and all this), Dell quoted him 2500, PC world quoted him 1400, might be worth sticking the head into them all the same.

there's another place in dublin that sells cheap pc's, the name of which evades me at present. napalm swears by them, so maybe pm him for the name and more info....

PC World is by far the cheapest once you go for their special offers and avoid the insurance they offer.
Get one of their offers and then buy everything else you need on the web.

there's another place in dublin that sells cheap pc's, the name of which evades me at present. napalm swears by them, so maybe pm him for the name and more info....

Is it Maplins I wonder?

I might drop in to PC world and see what they've got

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back