Deadmanposting

Supporter
Any of you bought a mattress recently?

IKEA have a dizzying array.
A friend recommended Emma mattresses
They're pricey, but you do use them a lot
Any thoughts or experience appreciated

This or the next mattress might be my last one

Been a while since I did, but our last mattress came from Big Mickey (fnarr), who is a different Mickey from Mattress Mick.

He was great though, amazing price on a super fancy mattress. Was living in an apartment at the time, he delivered it but before carting it up the stairs, put it on the path outside and made me test it there and then!

www.bigmickey.ie, click without fear.

We got a new mattress a couple of years ago. We like a firm mattress and got the firmest in the shop.. A Respa iirc.

It's too firm I hate it. But I'm used to it now.
So I would try not to make that mistake if I was you.

I have one with one bust spring that we have to avoid going to sleep, i the other house we are in it's a fold out job with a few floorboards i've jammed in to keep it mostly level, and in the other place we stay its sorta like a bowl because they middle of the bed is collapsing.

For my holidays i slept in one place for seven days in a row for a break.

I bought from Emma around last summer and loved the mattress. I got another, identical, one for me ma and hers went to hell before long. It got lumpy and all bunched up in parts and is an absolute balls. I've been having back and forth with their customer service for months trying to get them to replace it. I have to say the customer service are very responsive but they make you jump through hoops. But for that reason, despite the positive experience with my own one, I can't recommend them.

In the gaff we have in Latvia we got a Dormeo and its fabulous. I would suggest looking them up. Similar idea to Emma but seem a notch above in terms of quality.

I find mattresses with a memory foam layer really comfy at first, but then kinda sweaty and too hot (which for me leads to nightmares) as the night wears on, especially in summer. We bought one when we moved into the house (2007) but actually swapped it out with the spare room mattress after a while (which is now 20 years old and still fairly comfy - a pocket sprung Harrison)

I find mattresses with a memory foam layer really comfy at first, but then kinda sweaty and too hot (which for me leads to nightmares) as the night wears on, especially in summer. We bought one when we moved into the house (2007) but actually swapped it out with the spare room mattress after a while (which is now 20 years old and still fairly comfy - a pocket sprung Harrison)

Yep. Thought it’d be great getting a memory foam layed one. Nope, just waking up in pools of sweat. Breathable all the way!

I bought an Emma mattress in hopes it would help me sleep and ease some pain. Didn’t work. I can’t really blame the mattress though because my body is fucked. It is comfy though.

I have one with one bust spring that we have to avoid going to sleep, i the other house we are in it's a fold out job with a few floorboards i've jammed in to keep it mostly level, and in the other place we stay its sorta like a bowl because they middle of the bed is collapsing.

For my holidays i slept in one place for seven days in a row for a break.

I've upgraded to memory foam mattress because it was on sale for 150 bucks. Tonight i sleep on a flat bed that doesnt have a lump of mdf holding up the waist area. Good times.

I bought from Emma around last summer and loved the mattress. I got another, identical, one for me ma and hers went to hell before long. It got lumpy and all bunched up in parts and is an absolute balls. I've been having back and forth with their customer service for months trying to get them to replace it. I have to say the customer service are very responsive but they make you jump through hoops. But for that reason, despite the positive experience with my own one, I can't recommend them.

In the gaff we have in Latvia we got a Dormeo and its fabulous. I would suggest looking them up. Similar idea to Emma but seem a notch above in terms of quality.
this just collapsed down on one side, fucking piece of shit

I had to buy a new one and just went with Dormeo. We have one of those in our gaff in Latvia and it never gave us a moment's bother.

Very disappointed in the Emma mattress. Thats 2 that went to shit on us. And it was dead comfy before all the shit happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back