Butter (1 Viewer)

One could also ask why deli staff insist on referring to margarine or vegetable spread as butter - I never ask for the stuff for that reason.

Why do deli staff have no comprehension of the phrase 'a tiny bit of butter'?
I don't ask for any anymore.

its not that they dont understand its just that they couldnt give a shit. i find that auld wans tend to be a bit more generous than the young wans in filling up the sandwich/roll. I always try and order from the mature deli lady in the spar across the road but shes always chattering to people so i end up getting a miserly roll from the young lassie.

The same goes for mayonnaise and coleslaw. I really believe there must be a 90s style EU coleslaw mountain and all delis are instructed to shovel buckets of it onto your sandwich.

The same goes for mayonnaise and coleslaw. I really believe there must be a 90s style EU coleslaw mountain and all delis are instructed to shovel buckets of it onto your sandwich.

werent we just talking about this the other day?

mayonnaise = muck
coleslaw = muck

and do you know what else i really hate? when you order food in some place and it says that it is served with salad but the "salad" turns out to be a handful of coleslaw flung miserably on the plate.

stop raggin on the mayo you cultchie fucks.

say that again
quinn1.jpg

Why do deli staff have no comprehension of the phrase 'a tiny bit of butter'?
I don't ask for any anymore.

Theres a bit of a knack to it, they say "butter?" you say "yes please just a small bit" an then pretty much as soon as the knife touches the spread you shout politely "thats loads!" an they figure the rest out themselves. sorted.:D

The aul ones I worked with always put on loads of butter.

"Why do you put so much butter on people's roll's" I asked once
"Ah luv, they like a big roll"
"Yeah, they want a big roll that tastes nice"
"Well, I like making a big roll!"

I used to put on a lot of butter, until I actually put some thought into what I was doing. Then eventually, I stopped giving a shit, it wasn't a great job like, and from then on people took whatever I gave them, pricks. Then I left.

Oh, and I know it's not butter, and it annoy's me that people call it butter, but they do. I suppose it's easier to say than "hydrogenated vegetable spread"....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back