Bus Eireann Poor Services (1 Viewer)

JGordon2013ie

Website
doctorwho2013ie.deviantart.com
I've Travel on the Dublin - Donegal Route 30 Bus Eireann Bus. Before the Change of Timetable and Services it was Very bad. The bus was Sometimes 10 to 20 Minutes Late. The Other Thing is the Drivers Some are Friendly on the Route 30 bus and Some of Them are not so as Some of Them Give an What I Call an Unhappy Look Anytime Some Shows the Driver a Free Travel Pass.

Before the Change There was two Well Missed Services the McGeehan & Lyndon Service Witch Both Sometimes did the Dublin - Donegal Route Witch was Always on Time Sometimes a 2 - 4 Minutes Late but it was an Excellent Service. Why Bus Eireann Stop This.

Now the Service is Change and I was Told but Bus Eireann There Will be Using new Buses Whice is Very Rare and all of Them With WIFI Which Some Have or the Driver (Being in on of his Moods) Turn is off.

They Take the Long way Around Getting in and of of Cavan & Dublin Airport Where There are Quicker and Time Saving Shortcuts to These Places. Not all of Them Take it... Why?

Some of the bus are so bad That Some Have Broken Seats in Them you can put Them Back or if There Back. You Can't put Them Forward.

Sometimes They Use Difference Buses e.g. Route 32 Letterkenny bus or Other Company bus Witch I Think is due to There Very Poor Time Keeping.

Some of Them During the Night Service Don't Stop Anywhere for a Break. And the Staff at Cavan can be Unhelpful as one Time was Waiting for the bus to Belturbet and the bus was Running Very Late and Only After an Hour did They Come out to Tell me and Other Customers This. I Could Have Made Other Arrangements Than to sit There for Over a Hour and Half Waiting for the bus and They or the Driver did not Apologize for it.

First post eh ?

Classic JGordon2013ie

Show them this thread

Gorillas Mot as Scare Now.

Oh and

I was on a Bus Eireann bus somewhere in darkest Kerry once where an old man whispered something to the driver. He pulled the bus over the old guy got off, went to back end of the bus under the window beside me. Dropped his trousers, leaned his back against the bus and took a shit on the wheel. He then wiped himself off with some tissue. Stepped in his shit and got back on. this took him about 15 minutes and we had to smell his shit all the way to our destination. True story.

On the helpful side another time I left my mates gaf in Waterford with his keys. When I arrived in Dublin I gave them to the driver, who delivered them back to my mate. Which was nice of him.

Considering the distance they cover I'm often surprised that their timekeeping isn't a lot worse. Especially if you've ever had to take a Dublin bus from Tallaght to Dun Laoiraighe.

I.

They Take the Long way Around Getting in and of of Cavan & Dublin Airport Where There are Quicker and Time Saving Shortcuts to These Places. Not all of Them Take it... Why?

Some of the bus are so bad That Some Have Broken Seats in Them you can put Them Back or if There Back. You Can't put Them Forward. t.

You have to pay to get in and out of Cavan.

I've Travel on the Dublin - Donegal Route 30 Bus Eireann Bus. Before the Change of Timetable and Services it was Very bad. The bus was Sometimes 10 to 20 Minutes Late. The Other Thing is the Drivers Some are Friendly on the Route 30 bus and Some of Them are not so as Some of Them Give an What I Call an Unhappy Look Anytime Some Shows the Driver a Free Travel Pass.

Before the Change There was two Well Missed Services the McGeehan & Lyndon Service Witch Both Sometimes did the Dublin - Donegal Route Witch was Always on Time Sometimes a 2 - 4 Minutes Late but it was an Excellent Service. Why Bus Eireann Stop This.

Now the Service is Change and I was Told but Bus Eireann There Will be Using new Buses Whice is Very Rare and all of Them With WIFI Which Some Have or the Driver (Being in on of his Moods) Turn is off.

Some of the bus are so bad That Some Have Broken Seats in Them you can put Them Back or if There Back. You Can't put Them Forward.

Sometimes They Use Difference Buses e.g. Route 32 Letterkenny bus or Other Company bus Witch I Think is due to There Very Poor Time Keeping.

Some of Them During the Night Service Don't Stop Anywhere for a Break. And the Staff at Cavan can be Unhelpful as one Time was Waiting for the bus to Belturbet and the bus was Running Very Late and Only After an Hour did They Come out to Tell me and Other Customers This. I Could Have Made Other Arrangements Than to sit There for Over a Hour and Half Waiting for the bus and They or the Driver did not Apologize for it.

Are these song titles?

My biggest annoyance with Bus Éireann is that if you get a bus that starts in Busáras and picks people up at the airport that sometimes the bus is full and people are stuck waiting at least an hour. If there are loads of people waiting they put on a relief bus but sometimes I've been told there was a relief bus coming when there wasn't. Pain in the bollards. That and the fact their wifi seems extremely patchy, been on several long distance buses the last while and hasn't work. Contrast with cool and clear service of the private buses I wouldn't go, for example, to Galway on anything other than private anymore.

My biggest annoyance with Bus Éireann is that if you get a bus that starts in Busáras and picks people up at the airport that sometimes the bus is full and people are stuck waiting at least an hour. If there are loads of people waiting they put on a relief bus but sometimes I've been told there was a relief bus coming when there wasn't. Pain in the bollards. That and the fact their wifi seems extremely patchy, been on several long distance buses the last while and hasn't work. Contrast with cool and clear service of the private buses I wouldn't go, for example, to Galway on anything other than private anymore.

You forgot the capital letter for each word.

I used to travel up and down from Kells a lot and despite it being the busiest route for bus eireann it's also the most expensive. It costs the same to get from Dublin to Kells (60km) as it does from Dublin to Galway (205km)

I really dislike some Bus Eireann drivers. the one I had last night in particular.

I can not drive due to having no coordination (can barely keep my bike straight but that's another thing) but anyway I was at John Grant in Vicar Street last night and my first 2 options for going home were gone by the running to 11:25 of the gig (great gig by the way).

This left my option being getting the bus from Jurys Inn to Drogheda and a lift home from Drogheda. When I got on the bus. When I got on I said "hello, i'd like a single to Drogheda please". The bus driver just looked at me. I repeated my request, again with please at the end of it again. The drivers look at me and harshly says "You sound like you had two much to drink". I do not drink alcohol. I have a speech impediment (related to my lack of coordination). The other part of this that is insulting is that if I had any alcohol, the driver and the indeed the whole bus would have been able to smell it off my breath in that confined space of the bus. As I did not have alcohol, this would not be possible.

After eventually being allowed on the bus, the bus driver was not satisfied with the €2 I had given him to go with the €5 note (as I work full time as an accountant and despite having a disability pass, I choose to pay my way on public transport) and so I gave him a different €2 from my wallet. I tread to think what would have happened if I didn't have a different €2 coin and that he might have left me stranded in Dublin at midnight on a friday night. He described the €2 note as

Imagine if I had given him the €5 change I had got in Tower Records that evening.

This just has really upset me and I'm very annoyed and no, i'm not just ranting on internet forums. I have e-mailed Bus Eireann on this and I intend to speak further to them about it.

I recently took a bus to Navan and it was disgusting. I was actually surprised at how bad it was, it was like it had never been cleaned. Things were sticky and all I wanted to do was wash my hands. Also, what is with the drivers blasting the radio and people talking on their phones for a three hour journey to Tipperary? Buses, without a doubt, the worst mode of travel.

Sorry for the ignorant driver, IFF. Agreed, John Grant was class last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back