Bulgaria - anyone? (1 Viewer)

Yup I've been there..to sofia and varna.Nice spots. V. friendly people.The food can be a bit ropey sometimes November you say? If you are going to Varna its on the black sea which can get quite cold, sofia is a good bit milder. I only spent a while there when I was backpacking around Europe but had a fun time. I might have some guides and stuff. I'll see what I can dig out.

Varna is the main tourist resort?Where else did you go abouts that side of Europe?You must have passed through Romania/Hungary?How would they compare?Romania is meant to be dodgy?Scams etc..
Trying to figure out someplace to go in November - Thinking Greece. Montenegro, Bulgaria or Moldova...or Romania/Hungary.

..yeah I came from Italy through ljubjana, zagreb,and then Bucharest. all the above are nice spots with loads of history if you are into that sort of thing..cafe culture abounds. Yeah romainia was a bit of a kip to be honest..bucharest was nice for a bit but scamsters everywhere. Poverty like you wouldnt not believe in a basically european country. Get used to saying no a lot.

Been about Slovenia & Croatia - good stuff there.

Bulgaria`s cool enough then?
Never met anyone who was there - seems to be a bit mysterious in a way!
Cheap as hell i`ve heard?

bulgaria suppose to be sweet. mate of mine came back last week. said the food was insanely dodgy tho. he said even mcdonalds was mental. survived the two weeks on ice cream.

I was sofia, Borovitz, and the black sea.

Borovitz is in the mountains & is a Skiing resort great scenery

All the women are beautiful I think it is illegal to be an ugly girl

I t was very run down in Sofia and the black sea but I think things have improved since then.

Internal flights where very cheap @ the time a great way of getting around

jj

The food situation sounds crap!If theirs one essential - its gotta be big fuck-off dinners to keep me going.
Whats the music scene like there?
I figure theres no direct flights from Ireland to Sofia?

Anyone know anybody that was in Moldova?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back