Building a music shed (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 106
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 6
I wonder, re the wood vs shipping container issue would a metal shed be a solution. My dad bought a shed off of these lads and I wonder if that might deal with some issues re both?

I think a metal shed would work with a couple of caveats. You would still need to line it with two layers of sheeting sandwiching your rockwool and also you would still need to figure out how to insulate the floor...and the door.
I wouldnt do it. From scratch out of timber is the way to go. Its not much more work

I would recommend to anyone thinking of doing one..to copy mine except ..
A. Use 6x2's in the floor/ My floor is springy at two points..also look into using rockwool in the floor as well as the polyiso has zero acoustic effect
b.Use the heaviest 100kg rockwool. throughout. I used 60kg I don't know why but I surely missed out on some extra mass there for the sake of a hundy. Dope . The shed is still quiet from the outside so I'm ok but why leave any doubt

I wouldnt change anything else its a winning design.

Gonna put up curtain rails today..bespoke natch,made out of threaded bar and 2by1's. Gonna get some super heavy curtains up...catch any errant reflections coming back into the mic and trap a few freqs also

If a picture speaks a thousand words a video must speak a few thousand

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A complete success! Thankfully laid off work for a couple of weeks after my holidays so I was able to get stuck the fuck in. I can play my music loud enough to go deaf without disturbing anyone..not that I'm into loud music these days. If I was doing it again..yes I would do things differently here and there but all in all I am pleased with my new inspiration isolation location

Still a couple of loose ends to tie up..waiting on gutter brackets

Well done gaz! 🙌🙌

Instead of 4x2s?
Yeah.. 4 by 2s no good for floor..even if its only 2.4m span. Thankfully its only springy in two spots in here but it still enough to bug me when I walk over them cos the computer monitor wobbles/ Its not the end of the world just an fyi for anyone thinking about a shed

put another floor in on top?
Nope its finished. Its literally only in two spots I can live with it easily. The rest of it is rock solid.
In fact apart from the monitor wobbling slightly you wouldnt know it was springy ..it can't be felt underfoot

I only say this because on m desk I build recently I can't find a level spot for my keyboard so as I type it rocks. I effing hate it. I think I'm going to rip it out and start again.

That is so fucking cool, well done
Its even cooler now with my Genelecs..plus I built a shelf to put the monitors on so no more wobbling when I dance.

The sound in here is incredible..the whole thing acts as a bass trap I reckon. I mixed a song last night and it translates to everything else I've tried it on first attempt!

Happy as larry

If a picture speaks a thousand words a video must speak a few thousand

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A complete success! Thankfully laid off work for a couple of weeks after my holidays so I was able to get stuck the fuck in. I can play my music loud enough to go deaf without disturbing anyone..not that I'm into loud music these days. If I was doing it again..yes I would do things differently here and there but all in all I am pleased with my new inspiration isolation location

Still a couple of loose ends to tie up..waiting on gutter brackets

Fucking right on- that looks amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back