Builders (1 Viewer)

By any chance, if one had a claim above €2,000 and wasn't applicable to the Small Claims Court, where would one go?

Can't get a plumber for love nor money

If you want a quick job done - a blockage in your sink cleared or a toilet fixed - than maybe someone will come out and charge you 100 quid to do 15 minutes work
But anything with some difficulty attached, no one wants to know

Also, having real difficulty with my longer term plan, trying to convince the nephew to become a plumber

if this war in ukraine ends, with some of what we think of as ukraine surviving, you can be guaranteed that the EU and the US will pump money into rebuilding the place. once that starts, there'll be a massive drain of tradespeople off there to do that rebuilding so whatever difficulties there are now in getting work done, it'll be a hell of a lot harder.

i spoke to someone recently who was trying to hire an electrician at €70,000. No applications. Says Intel are hiring everyone they can, and they're taking home €1200 - €1400 a week.

The other upside to those large builds is that it's easy to get lost there and skive.

We were fitting things in the new MSD facility out in Ballycoolin/Blanch a few years ago, our lad was talking to some guys who were there long term on the project. They used to wonder off at the start of the day and basically do feck all while getting paid for it,

i spoke to someone recently who was trying to hire an electrician at €70,000. No applications. Says Intel are hiring everyone they can, and they're taking home €1200 - €1400 a week.
that's one of the reasons we couldn't/didn't proceed with getting our house rewired. we'd pretty much decided who we were going to get for the job (they'd quoted for it); but they did our next door neighbour's house in november 2019 and we waited till they finished just to confirm they did a good job. so in probably late november or december we gave them the go-ahead, and were told, 'sure, but it'll probably be march'. so that was brilliant timing.
but soon after they completed the neighbour's job, he lost his senior electrician to intel; i was chatting to the company owner who was telling me that intel were paying the guy i think 60k and often when he turned up for work, there wouldn't be much for him to do, so he'd end up footing ladders or just trying to make himself useful for the day.

The other upside to those large builds is that it's easy to get lost there and skive.

We were fitting things in the new MSD facility out in Ballycoolin/Blanch a few years ago, our lad was talking to some guys who were there long term on the project. They used to wonder off at the start of the day and basically do feck all while getting paid for it,

long time ago when they were building the midlands prison in portlaoise a mate of mine was working as a painter. He used to go for a smoke and a nap in the finished cells over the course of the working day!

Its a bonanza out here for us manual dudes!

Its actually even better than the tiger was

The work in Intel is a pain in the arsenal plenty of lads want nothing to do with the place.

An apprentice was caught walking there and got caught and accidentally caused hundreds of thousands worth of damage.

Have done work in Hewlett Packard and its a similar game - nightmare to do anything.

The work in Intel is a pain in the arsenal plenty of lads want nothing to do with the place.

An apprentice was caught walking there and got caught and accidentally caused hundreds of thousands worth of damage.

Have done work in Hewlett Packard and its a similar game - nightmare to do anything.

You weren't working on the ESB HQ build near merrion square last year were you? Another shitshow when it came to actually getting anything done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back