Budget 2014 (1 Viewer)

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Y'know, there was a time when people might have thought that someone in their 30's, single, childless, not a homeowner and who works an uninspiring job full of nothing but endless drudgery was a loser. But after the recent run of austerity budgets who's the loser now?

Kids, many of whom were barely in secondary school when the shit started to go wrong.

A pretty good budget overall but I can see the oul wans kicking up a stink about their phone standing charges and prescription charge increase.

I hope the Pathways to Work 2 manages to give those longterm unemployment/inter-generational unemployed a much needed kick up the arse to get a job/profession. Maybe linking training course progress with dole payments. You don't perform well, your payment is reduced as a penalty.

That was a grand* budget. Still, expect the usual panic buying of booze and fags.

*Relatively of course.
It should also be noted that I just skimmed the main points. Feel free to correct me.

How much are smokes in Ireland now €9.50 ?

20 box are costing me €7 over here. surprised no one hits me up for a pack at christmas.

Last edited:
How much are smokes in Ireland now €9.50 ?

20 box are costing me €7 over here. surprised no one hits me up for a pack at christmas.

Not sure actually, everyone's on the rollies now. They would be in and around that though.
Travelled up Kildare street about an hour ago, must have been near 100 guards (including three vans full of public order unit lads) as opposed to maybe six protestors. A slight case of overkill but better safe than sorry I suppose.

havent looked at the SME stuff in detail but:

all in all its very tiered from what i can see.

bottom of food pyramid is young, unemployed.
you get a little more for being in education (if you are of bte age)
you get even more for jobbridging.

if you are upper middle class and planning an extension you get tax breaks to pay a nixer person who was on the dole to get into being a business, which is devoid of income tax for the first two years, and if you are in this tradesman in one of the newly marked cities, you might get some more work from the 3 housing schemes.

if you are mega rich you are invited to fund the homeless and less fortunate in dublin

if you are a mulitnational, chill.

if you are in the west, be nice to the tourists.

new jobs across teaching/garda/police coulpled with vieled warning about further cuts in this area mean if you are first tier, shurrup or someone else gets the job.

if you're on the €100 dole rate, and you take a jobbridge gig for the extra €50, you'll be paid €3.80 an hour.

Minimum what now?

Matrix-pods.jpg

If you dont have a job already, the most logical strategy for any govt would be use you as bait/energy source for multinationals.

If you dont have a job already, the most logical strategy for any govt would be use you as bait/energy source for multinationals.

my understanding is that the government want the entire country working as data entry clerks for multinationals. Is it basically a choice between taxing more or cutting benefits?

I wish I could get an explanation of the macro level economic stuff from someone who doesn't come across like they have a massive agenda. If 'austerity never works' I'd like to see some detailed information about this, not simplistic Jim Corr style LEAVE THE EU rants. I don't believe the government is choosing what's best for the people but at the same time I don't think they're making decisions in a cartoonish pantomime villain way.

Basically I need Planet Money to explain Ireland to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back