Budget 2008 (1 Viewer)

The abolition is not fucking stupid. Means testing is the way to go. You had a situation in Ireland for the last years where retired millionaires are rolling up to their GPs in their Mercs and then pulling out the medical card. Give me a fucking break.

There hiking up the vino and smokes.And 8cents on a litre of petrol.
Not great.

yeah well at 60 euro a pop for the gp see how quick your wages dissapear if you are diabetic and most youngg people don't qualify for medical cards. tony o reilly will be alright tho, and not all over 70s drive mercs, they are just on modest private pensions a lot of them. but you have a good point tho. anyway the fags bothers me!

yeah well at 60 euro a pop for the gp see how quick your wages dissapear if you are diabetic and most youngg people don't qualify for medical cards. tony o reilly will be alright tho, and not all over 70s drive mercs, they are just on modest private pensions a lot of them. but you have a good point tho. anyway the fags bothers me!

they've abolished the automatic entitlement to a medical card for the over 70s, so if you are diabetic and can't afford the bills you are still entitled to a medical card. what this does is remove the entitlement to a medical card for those who can afford it easily. That's eminently sensible. Doctors were giving out about medical cards being used by skinflint millionaires and you better believe that poorer elderly people resent that shit too.
Medical cards for them that need it. Good call there.

I was hoping they'd lash the smokes up to a tenner.It would force me to jack 'em.Still might at €8 though.

I really don't get the wine thing.
No one's going to give credance to my drunken rants if I'm forced to deliver them with a can of Dutch Gold in my hand.

i went to the gp once to see could he do anything about me dermographism and he treated me to a lengthy rant about the injustice of charlie haughey being entitled to a free medical card while some of the poor people cleaning his house and mowing his lawns probably couldnt get one. my father turns 70 next year - he'll be raging about this.

Seems to be some sort of tax break for cycling to work. No detail on how and how much but sounds good.

I am about €4.60 a week worse off.
Though if you consider the reduction in the current account levy, I'm actually only €4.40/week worse off on balance. Then again, that only counts if I give up cigarettes, wine, writing cheques, flying on planes, sniffing petrol and the gaining of capital assets.

1000 euro over five years if you own a bicycle. I am so screwed on the petrol thing. I swear I have to downsize and my car is only a 1.4 engine but its costing me a fortune

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back