Brighton (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 712
  • Watchers 1

ron

Off to Brighton to see Melt Banana on Apr 22.
Any tips for pubs, clubs, markets, food/ restaurants, coffee, other things to do etc?
(I know the Rosehill)

Cheers!

Quadrophenia alley- just to say you've been there

paging @jonah

definitely recommend Terre a Terre, a vegan restaurant near the seafront. Possibly the best restaurant of any kind I've ever been in. A @jonah recommendation

theres an amazing second hand shop where they sell a tonne of crap. People can rent out a corner and sell their shit there. Great for picking up second hand vinyls. Can't think of the name of it - @jonah told me about that too.

As for coffee shops, they are EVERYWHERE, and any of the ones I went into were all amazing.

My highlights from a similar trip recently:

Breakfast at Tiffany's for your morning after greasy spoon breakfast.
The Chilli Pickle for a really nice Indian lunch/dinner.
What the Pitta for casual/takeaway vegan kebabs.

And the best bit - the pubs:

The Evening Star is legendary and I can never not stop for a pint just off the train or on the way to the station.
The Basketmakers Arms is one I only discovered on my last trip. A cosy and well worn Fuller's pub that you could easily mistake for a fully independent pub. Nice and dark inside too unlike lots of English pubs. I would've stayed for hours if I'd had the time.

paging @jonah

definitely recommend Terre a Terre, a vegan restaurant near the seafront. Possibly the best restaurant of any kind I've ever been in. A @jonah recommendation

theres an amazing second hand shop where they sell a tonne of crap. People can rent out a corner and sell their shit there. Great for picking up second hand vinyls. Can't think of the name of it - @jonah told me about that too.

As for coffee shops, they are EVERYWHERE, and any of the ones I went into were all amazing.

Second hand shop is Snoopers Paradise in the lanes!

Sadly, I haven't lived there in about 9 years (jesus fucking christ, where did that time go) so I feel all my recommendations are either lost to the brain fog of my mind or no longer exist but I deffo also recommend Terre a Terre!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back