BREXIT (4 Viewers)

Elucidate please.

Before I get all FURIOUSTYPING.

I clearly don't understand where you're coming from.

My general idea was that Truss and Sunak both want to lower tax, in different ways. Grand. But that won't help those who are struggling now. And it won't help those people to pay their bills because a tax cut doesn't actually help them that much.
Right yeah, what I'm saying is you're making the mistake of thinking they want to help the poor, they don't. They want the UK to be like the USA where the poor are told it's their own fault and they can be homeless and live under bridges and no one feels bad about it because everyone is in it for themselves. Anything that involves support is giving a man a fish and that's bad/communism/a waste of resources. The rich getting richer is good, the poor getting poorer is their own problem. The Sovereign Individual.

Speaking of which, I saw a second hand copy of that book in a shop the other day but I was too afraid of buying it in case someone thought I was into that kind of thing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the-hound-lots-of-cunts.gif

Right yeah, what I'm saying is you're making the mistake of thinking they want to help the poor, they don't. They want the UK to be like the USA where the poor are told it's their own fault and they can be homeless and live under bridges and no one feels bad about it because everyone is in it for themselves. Anything that involves support is giving a man a fish and that's bad/communism/a waste of resources. The rich getting richer is good, the poor getting poorer is their own problem. The Sovereign Individual.

Speaking of which, I saw a second hand copy of that book in a shop the other day but I was too afraid of buying it in case someone thought I was into that kind of thing.
It's an extreme form of Buddhism (well, karma) in a sense.

I don't actually think that is what they think, if they think at all.

In this country, they need poorly paid labour. And the Small C Conservatives know that they need the likes of me to facilitate their bellicose life. So they are "caring" and "considerate".They're all cunts, but their CoE mindset won't allow them to accept that they exist in a society that is fundamentally wrong.

A tax cut would help me out obviously, but the more money you have, the more a tax cut would help you. It doesn't help the people who actually need help.

America, on the the other hand, just doesn't give a fuck.

I don't actually think that is what they think, if they think at all.

In this country, they need poorly paid labour. And the Small C Conservatives know that they need the likes of me to facilitate their bellicose life. So they are "caring" and "considerate".They're all cunts, but their CoE mindset won't allow them to accept that they exist in a society that is fundamentally wrong.

A tax cut would help me out obviously, but the more money you have, the more a tax cut would help you. It doesn't help the people who actually need help.

America, on the the other hand, just doesn't give a fuck.
Fair enough, fair enough. I leave it to you to explain their proposed policies to me so because that's how I make sense of it. A tax cut is a cut to the NHS and the more underfunded it is the easier it is to argue that it should be further privatized, which will line their pockets even further.

I get the impression that Liz Truss wants to be there for similar to Johnson reasons, i.e. wants to be famous and do a few photoshoots and she has few political beliefs herself further than the usual"me and my mates should be rich" so will say anything, but she's not so thick as to be proposing anything that isn't extreme Thatcherism.

Fair enough, fair enough. I leave it to you to explain their proposed policies to me so because that's how I make sense of it. A tax cut is a cut to the NHS and the more underfunded it is the easier it is to argue that it should be further privatized, which will line their pockets even further.

I get the impression that Liz Truss wants to be there for similar to Johnson reasons, i.e. wants to be famous and do a few photoshoots and she has few political beliefs herself further than the usual"me and my mates should be rich" so will say anything, but she's not so thick as to be proposing anything that isn't extreme Thatcherism.
You and I know what she's proposing. I don't think she understands the consequences of what she's saying.

I broadly agree with you like. And that is what makes it all so scary.

i should know the answer to this, but does the UK operate the same sort of banding ireland does, for tax?
i.e. tax rate of X% under 20k, Y% under 40K, Z% above 40k, for example?

i should know the answer to this, but does the UK operate the same sort of banding ireland does, for tax?
i.e. tax rate of X% under 20k, Y% under 40K, Z% above 40k, for example?
Pretty much yes. So a tax cut helps the richest, and also those who are somewhere in the middle. Doesn't really help the poorest of the poor. Does a very well earning person need an extra £20 in their paycheque?

I work with guys who refuse work because they never want to earn more than 12.7k in a year. I don't know how they do it, but they somehow survive.

Didn't even know about this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this the Tories just being thick again or maybe a sign that they know exactly what they're doing and use your Liz Truss's and Boris Johnson's as a media distraction?

Pretty dress.

Ruh roh

I really do not give a hoot what happens to the Angles - or the Saxons for that matter - they can have their decaying mess of an empire

But Jesus, who doesn't like to see the whole Brexit mess chaotically fold in on itself?
The glory of a pratfall happening on a national scale.

£500 per month for energy bills. If there's not riots or a national strike i'd be surprised. part of me thinks this country deserves everything they get for continually voting for the tories but it affects me too!

given that within days of truss becoming prime minister, the energy price cap will be raised massively; perhaps truss is pre-empting that by starting a war with france to take people's minds off it?

Her insane hubris is going to get the best of her and she'll call a general election. That'll be some fun, two parties in a British flags arms race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back