BREXIT (6 Viewers)

Tricky one that. Apparently Bury South has the highest Jewish population outside of London. That played into how the tories won in 2019 as it had always been a Labour seat, but since Labour is somehow rabidly anti-Semitic, it went tory. I couldn't even point the place out on a map tbh, so I don't know.
I hope to see his election posters say something like "This Christian is Woke, and moving Ford"

As for Dorries and her shit, I don't know why the BBC isn't standing up for itself here. There's a good reason for public service broadcasting. It took until today on the media show on BBCR4 for a guest, who works in commercial radio, to express in any way at all the challenges involved in and dangers of scrapping the licence fee. Everyone else is just "well, I don't like paying bills and I have Netflix so lol who cares".

Actually it was only 400 votes in that constituency, in favour of a tory who is now a Labour.

Good joke though. HIGNFY will be in touch I'm sure. Or Mock the Week at least.

It has occurred to me that I now want Johnson to quit for what was probably the same reason that most non-columnists wanted Corbyn to quit: simply so I can turn on the news without having to listen to the most insufferable people on the planet constantly calling for him to quit.

Seriously, it's absolutely deadening to have to listen to these lizards pretend they have a conscience. There must be some research into the mental effects of having to constantly listen to people lie to you? It does not do me good.

I was trying to answer a question from an american friend yesterday, about what the hell the 1922 committee is. at one point I said that it was basically the world’s most confusing post office.

counterpoint to lili: perhaps we should hope that he clings to power for now, and staggers on, zombie-like, until after the may elections, and then finally gets knifed. that way he causes the most sustained damage to the tories.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wonder how many more of these they have lined up?

It's a country that will accept and condone any level of cruelty against the less well off anywhere in the world or at home, but someone having a miserable looking party when we're not allowed is the thing that is a bridge too far.

"the queen mourned prince philip alone in her vast castle, with a stiff upper lip, surrounded only by guards and footman while the prime minister drank prosecco and ate colin the caterpillar cake in number 10" is the stupidest narrative of the whole thing

"the queen mourned prince philip alone in her vast castle, with a stiff upper lip, surrounded only by guards and footman while the prime minister drank prosecco and ate colin the caterpillar cake in number 10" is the stupidest narrative of the whole thing

so perfectly-pitched to enrage true-blue home-counties tories though. well done priti, or liz, or whoever it is that’s the engine of this thing. it’s frighteningly effective at ruining boris

Who's managed to kick things into the long grass by getting the Met involved then? Whatever way you look at it, whomsoever has managed to stab and counter stab whom in the back, they're all clearly a bunch of awful people, and all complicit in each others shit.

Difficult grammar there, I hope I got it right. Might be an idea for a thread....

This feels like a death of a thousand cuts.

A lot of Torys are expending a lot of political capital to defend Johnson, it doesn't feel like it's politically expedient to be backing him now. If a minister were to resign in protest now they'd probably be chancellor or home secretary in 3 months.

He has, of course, slid on everything up to now so I dunno.

Today's spin seems to be "why are people so annoyed over this small matter?" Kinda reaping what you sowed after a decade of kicking up a fuss over small matters like the curvature of bananas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back