BREXIT (5 Viewers)

I followed Azeem Rafiq's campaign against institutional racism at Yorkshire county cricket club and beyond (a whitewash report by the club was rejected by their former player Rafiq and when his claims were finally upheld Yorks lost many major sponsors and the right to host England Test matches because of the Yorkshire board's actions).
as hugely difficult as it was for Azeem to get vindication at least there was accountability in the end.

the same doesn't seem to apply to politicians in the UK (or Ireland).

Boris Johnson has repeatedly been racist especially as a journalist. there is a huge long standing problem with Islamophobia in particular in Westminster and guess what? it is very rarely called out by the media in the way cricketers past behaviour is now being scrunitised.
This is one of Adam Curtis' recent points about how liberal democracy is failing...it's all about management (in both senses of the word) rather than actual accountability. One would hope that Trumporrism has gone so far that the law will be able to deal with it. But Johnson and his ilk have a different (less visionary) malice and incompetence.
Vaguely related: There was a yoke in the Grauniad yesterday about a guy who therapies billionaires. What he describes is just batshit...people trapped by too much money and mistrust, growing up utterly without empathy. If only there were a solution.
In short: Fuck Facebook, and Eton.

so it seems like boris chickened out, probably after seeing that the americans were really not amused at this idea

the alternative reading is that he wants to have a more-or-less brexit-hassle-free christmas, and then do all the article sixteen shenanigans in january instead, when everyone will already be in a bad mood anyway

but that really overlaps badly with the anticipated upcoming russian invasion of ukraine, so maybe they’ll push it out to march or april
Keep going. You've got the Taiwan fixture to pencil in too.

This is one of Adam Curtis' recent points about how liberal democracy is failing...it's all about management (in both senses of the word) rather than actual accountability. One would hope that Trumporrism has gone so far that the law will be able to deal with it. But Johnson and his ilk have a different (less visionary) malice and incompetence.
Vaguely related: There was a yoke in the Grauniad yesterday about a guy who therapies billionaires. What he describes is just batshit...people trapped by too much money and mistrust, growing up utterly without empathy. If only there were a solution.
In short: Fuck Facebook, and Eton.
What was the billionaires therapist's name? I would love to read that.
I am always ranting about billionaires being inherently morbid ruthless sociopaths - it does take much to work that out.
they need to be wiped out. it makes me sick that these fuckers (and any folks with no empathy) are so often
rewarded and those with that mindset end up running the world.

What was the billionaires therapist's name? I would love to read that.
I am always ranting about billionaires being inherently morbid ruthless sociopaths - it does take much to work that out.
they need to be wiped out. it makes me sick that these fuckers (and any folks with no empathy) are so often
rewarded and those with that mindset end up running the world.

I may have the same problem that the billionaires have, I'm completely unable to empathise with them. Will book a session with yer man tomorrow and get it sorted

I also read that article today. It's good, should be in that "miscellanious articles" thread. "Rags to riches to rags in three generations" is a good phrase. I've heard it before, but I didn't think it was a regular problem for that lot. It you may give you some succor.

Nobody comprehends what a billion actually is. I think that's why we allow billionaires to exist.

I may have the same problem that the billionaires have, I'm completely unable to empathise with them. Will book a session with yer man tomorrow and get it sorted
having read this I feel more empathy for them actually.
the totally senselessness of extreme wealth has made their lives vapid and meaningless. people's personal development is very stunted -
it was all for nothing even for the benficiaries.
Capitalism is horrible and it seems no one can avoid that.

Surely you're a billionaire by now, what with all this free top quality content we're providing.

I recently got a lift with a mate. He has a Mazda RX8. He's not all about the doors, but he really likes the doors. Doors are important.

Surely you're a billionaire by now, what with all this free top quality content we're providing.

I recently got a lift with a mate. He has a Mazda RX8. He's not all about the doors, but he really likes the doors. Doors are important.
they're weird doors.

this is nice design

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i was thinking of ordering fungus from the UK. i wonder how much the charge will be on that.

If the goods are up to €150 in value you may be liable for VAT which is charged at 23%, at a value above that customs and excise import fees made be applicable.

An Post's admin fee seems to be a flat €3.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back