BREXIT (5 Viewers)

Priti Patel though? Gerrouvih. No chance. Maybe it's her speech writers and PR people, but she really seems like an awful person. I have to believe there's probably a decent human being underneath all that stuff she says and the dismissive face on her, but hey maybe I'm a more decent human than her for wanting to believe that.

Priti Patel though? Gerrouvih. No chance. Maybe it's her speech writers and PR people, but she really seems like an awful person. I have to believe there's probably a decent human being underneath all that stuff she says and the dismissive face on her, but hey maybe I'm a more decent human than her for wanting to believe that.
I'd really want to see some evidence of this human decency before i'll start attributing it to her.

This is how they win, you assume they're a good person because you are.

oh, i have no trouble believing that there's zero empathy going in her head. if she was a decent person under it all, why is that decent person deciding the best course is to be quite eye-poppingly cold hearted?

I'd really want to see some evidence of this human decency before i'll start attributing it to her.

This is how they win, you assume they're a good person because you are.

Well yeah. One would assume what I said because she's a woman in a position of high authority and also her racial background she'd have some concept of what it's like to be different and easy to put down. I dunno. She must have relatives or friends from school saying "Priti, well done, but you really need to stop being such an arsehole".

Edit: Not that she'd change her policies, she should just, at least, stop *looking* like such an arsehole.

Well yeah. One would assume what I said because she's a woman in a position of high authority and also her racial background she'd have some concept of what it's like to be different and easy to put down. I dunno. She must have relatives or friends from school saying "Priti, well done, but you really need to stop being such an arsehole".

Edit: Not that she'd change her policies, she should just, at least, stop *looking* like such an arsehole.
Is this like the Trump thing? We don't mind his policy of grinding the poor into dust and selling it as Cocaine 2 to Silicon Valley billionaires but we wished he was well spoken, not rude, and talked about about the arc of history bending towards good as he did it.

My first experience of duty free was interesting there last week.

The cigarettes were hard to find, and the booze selection was a bit meh. We bought something for my parents on the way out and nothing for ourselves on the way back.

But the cigarettes (and you'd have to buy duty free cigarettes if you can, because someone will have them or buy them) were about £36 at LCY, then €60 at DUB, then €40 on the actual Ryanair flight back. the wife wouldn't allow me to buy any more than the allowed 400 cigarettes. But I think you'd get away with it.
For comparison, I spent c.£100 on cigarettes that would've cost £600 in the UK. In Ireland, it'd be something like €1000.

No one even asked for our Covid info. And the travelling was a pretty smooth non-contact thing. Not much different than scanning your card to get on a train or whatever.
So in summary- Brexit: worth it after all?

I guess this is Brexit related. Pre-ordered a CD from Bandcamp on Saturday night (while drunk)

Digital album releases 12 November 2021
CD ships 21 January 2022
Estimated to arrive no later than 9 March 2022.

Corrupt, greedy vampires. I genuinely think the Brits deserve the misery heaped on them for voting these leeches in.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Imagining an alternate reality Britain where every Tory MP is in prison and Prime Minister Corbyn rocks up once a week on his bike to hand deliver you fresh veg

Imagining an alternate reality Britain where every Tory MP is in prison and Prime Minister Corbyn rocks up once a week on his bike to hand deliver you fresh veg

good friend of mine works at Green City

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back