BREXIT (5 Viewers)

How do we feel about LBCs James OBrien ..I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I like him!

Anyway..this is good crack

He seems alright although he's one of those guys who is still fighting and blaming Corbyn for every bad move Starmer makes in 2021 isn't he?

I enjoy his takedowns. I don't think it's patronising. He sticks to logical factual lines and people sound like morons when they are made to deal with that.
That said he's not someone i'd follow on socials and just about once a month i'll take a look at the web to see what he's at.

I assume most of you haven't been forced to listen to LBC. I'd rather have him angrying up the pricks than listen to another thing about the congestion charge or something. Phone-in shows are just stupid anyway.

Again, as I said earlier, Johnson was elected PM by the Conservative party membership. Not by the society as a whole. This country has no (nor desires any) real concept of representative democracy, they accept that this is it, so lets watch football.

I think most people will go with the status quo because lots of vaccines are good, they found a magical money tree last year, and so the UK should come out ahead of it's competitor countries in the coming years. Even if it has to drag Norn Iron along behind it.

Yes I already read your comment and I am perfectly aware that it was the Tory party membership who decided to replace May with Johnson. You however might have noticed a certain general election taken place since then ? Or even in the same year a European parliament election where the UK or more specifically England made Farages brexit party their largest in that parliament ? I am also familiar with the argument that democracy in the UK is somehow not representative due political structure lack of engagement media etc. It is only a mistake or error that the party's lead by Johnston and Farage won the largest number seats in those two instances but I would honestly also question that assumption.

I think O'Brien is quite amusing, but the 'take-downs' are usually the easiest targets imaginable, brain-dead morons. The majority of the time he just has to let them make a show of themselves without even doing much.

Unfortunately for many who supported Corbyn the answer to Brexit was Lexit the left version of said and it's hard to see the credibility when they are ultimately adopting the same political stance of who might be there obvious political opponents.

Yes I already read your comment and I am perfectly aware that it was the Tory party membership who decided to replace May with Johnson. You however might have noticed a certain general election taken place since then ? Or even in the same year a European parliament election where the UK or more specifically England made Farages brexit party their largest in that parliament ? I am also familiar with the argument that democracy in the UK is somehow not representative due political structure lack of engagement media etc. It is only a mistake or error that the party's lead by Johnston and Farage won the largest number seats in those two instances but I would honestly also question that assumption.

Woah dude.

Calm it down. It'd take a long and boring post to get into your point, if I in fact understood your post correctly. I'd write something vaguely Orwellian.

I assure you, that the majority of people in this country did not vote for Johnson as PM. Nor did the majority vote for the tories, nor Farage, nor are they even aware that there ever was such a thing as European Elections.

Sorry if I made you that mad and angry. Not my intention.

Unfortunately for many who supported Corbyn the answer to Brexit was Lexit the left version of said and it's hard to see the credibility when they are ultimately adopting the same political stance of who might be there obvious political opponents.
Corbyn almost won in 2017 when he was seen as supporting Brexit, he lost badly in 2019 when he softened his stance to try and appease the Blairite/People's vote side of his party. He was vilified fairly equally in both elections by all sides of the media, not to mention his own party.

Ultimately he lost twice and that's the end of it, thank God Starmer is playing a blinder, eh?

Last edited:
Corbyn almost won in 2017 when he was seen as supporting Brexit, he lost badly in 2019 when he softened his stance to try and appease the Blairite/People's vote side of his party. He was vilified fairly equally in both elections by all sides of the media, not to mention his own party.

Ultimately he lost twice and that's the end of it, thank God Starmer is playing a blinder, eh?

Corbyn did not almost win in 2017, he did worse than noted loser Neil Kinnick did when he couldn't unseat Major in 1992. He recovered the number of seats Miliband lost, plus 4.

Corbyn did not almost win in 2017, he did worse than noted loser Neil Kinnick did when he couldn't unseat Major in 1992. He recovered the number of seats Miliband lost, plus 4.
These things are all about slicing votes in a profoundly undemocratic country, a couple of thousand votes in a bunch of constituencies could have changed it completely, which by my book is pretty close.

But i take your point, under the rules as they are, Labour lost soundly, with the highest number of seats won since since 2001 and the first and only gain in seats since 1997.

These things are all about slicing votes in a profoundly undemocratic country, a couple of thousand votes in a bunch of constituencies could have changed it completely, which by my book is pretty close.

But i take your point, under the rules as they are, Labour lost soundly, with the highest number of seats won since since 2001 and the first and only gain in seats since 1997.
People really were in love with Tony Blair in 1997. Heady days, Noel Gallagher and his union jack epiphone that Meg bought him, cool britania.

So basically, what, 1997 was a fake election and Labour actually haven't won since 1974??? Christ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back