BREXIT (5 Viewers)

Initially it'll be a race to the bottom with the mail.
Could even be some migrations if there is money.
Bbc might go slightly hard-line to compete.
Guardian tv might follow

Initially it'll be a race to the bottom with the mail.
Could even be some migrations if there is money.
Bbc might go slightly hard-line to compete.
Guardian tv might follow
BBC News have been working as government mouthpieces for quite a while now, presenting spin as news with no questioning, my understanding being that it's under the implicit threat that they will be defunded if they don't. I wonder if this will free them up to actually move away from that position? They get attacked from both sides in fairness, the right constantly pointing out the culture war/blm/trans issues stuff they support.

Last edited:
We ended up watching a bunch of Sky news reports from Minneapolis last night. Was surprised how anti racist/not pro cop and all they were. Is that a new thing or just aiming to look like the right side of this particular case?

BBC News have been working as government mouthpieces for quite a while now, presenting spin as news with no questioning, my understanding being that it's under the implicit threat that they will be defunded if they don't. I wonder if this will free them up to actually move away from that position? They get attacked from both sides in fairness, the right constantly pointing out the culture war/blm/trans issues stuff they support.

It's not a popular opinion, but you actually need a working government mouthpiece so you know what to get outraged about. BBC won't move from that - they are state tv like.

OFCOM (England) code:

Meaning of "due impartiality"​

“Due” is an important qualification to the concept of impartiality. Impartiality itself means not favouring one side over another. “Due” means adequate or appropriate to the subject and nature of the programme. So “due impartiality” does not mean an equal division of time has to be given to every view, or that every argument and every facet of every argument has to be represented. The approach to due impartiality may vary according to the nature of the subject, the type of programme and channel, the likely expectation of the audience as to content, and the extent to which the content and approach is signalled to the audience. Context, as defined in Section two: Harm and offence of the Code, is important.

The concept of balance is an internet myth. I'm pretty certain the word doesn't appear in the BAI code at all.

BAI is similar - the case they teach is on climate science - you don't need a sceptic when there is a 99 concensus among professionals, especially when scientists are professional sceptics.

lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

🇬🇧 flag - check
picture of queen - check

So, how absolutely fucked are we when GB News launches? Britain's very own Fox News. I'm genuinely worried with the thoughts of how much worse this is gonna make everything.

I was thinking that it’s an interesting long-term branding choice they made going with calling it GB news rather than UK news or some other variation. the reference is ultimately geographical, not political. so no problems if the UK falls apart.

I was thinking that it’s an interesting long-term branding choice they made going with calling it GB news rather than UK news or some other variation. the reference is ultimately geographical, not political. so no problems if the UK falls apart.

so no Norn Iron riots being reported then. cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back