BREXIT (2 Viewers)

QUOTE="hermie, post: 1759880, member: 1436"]
How likely is it that Johnson would actually go there?
[/QUOTE]

Already working on it, death by a thousand cuts.

Defund, defund, and outsource when people can't meet targets.

QUOTE="hermie, post: 1759880, member: 1436"]
How likely is it that Johnson would actually go there?

Already working on it, death by a thousand cuts.

Defund, defund, and outsource when people can't meet targets.
[/QUOTE]

He's such a geebag.

I'd be afraid Vradkar and his ilk will do the same here. Already started I suppose

But as I understand it, even if Trump gets back in, the Dems will still control the house and would be able to block a trade deal with the UK if they wanted? Also, it's being spun in the British media that a US/UK trade deal is a great thing which both countries are raring for, but I don't think America gives a fuck, really?

Biden is chasing the Irish American vote whatever that might be worth and that's fair enough as he is running for president after all. Biden also some Irish connection and I would think is supportive of Irish interests where as Trump has very openly said he wants to take American businesses out of Ireland but the issue of NI or the GFA really isn't split on party lines there would be a pretty solid cross party support of it so it would not just be Dems that Trump would have to deal with. There are probably a number of interesting connections between Trump and Brexit but I think even from a purely competitive point of view Trump is happy to see a weakened EU. The UK in a trade negotiation with the US is like Nemo talking the big sharks or something.

Biden is chasing the Irish American vote whatever that might be worth and that's fair enough as he is running for president after all. Biden also some Irish connection and I would think is supportive of Irish interests where as Trump has very openly said he wants to take American businesses out of Ireland but the issue of NI or the GFA really isn't split on party lines there would be a pretty solid cross party support of it so it would not just be Dems that Trump would have to deal with. There are probably a number of interesting connections between Trump and Brexit but I think even from a purely competitive point of view Trump is happy to see a weakened EU. The UK in a trade negotiation with the US is like Nemo talking the big sharks or something.
The Dems: We're a tax free zone for their donors' companies.

The GOP: overrun by MAGA Qanon lunatics who, like Brexiteers, seem to be happy to go bankrupt to own the libs. I don't really get that one, there must be more to it.

In fairness, if things were going well for Johnson and him I think it's probably fair to assume that they would have found a way to keep him on. Yes/no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back