BREXIT (11 Viewers)

so we own the English (language) in the EU now.
fair enough.
if i wasn't a sports fan i'd be a contender for least nationalistic person in country.

EDIT:
maybe the Irish dialect should become a recognized EU working language.

e.g. "Feckin' Farage, for fucks sake like".

Last edited:
Hey, I wonder what's going on over in the UK

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ah.

If you don’t want the press to write you associate with the IRA, don’t associate with the IRA.

Half (quarter) following the labour leadership shenanigans.

Being from Ireland gives you a real unique perspective on this shit because, kind of ironically I guess, you get to immediately dismiss anyone who thinks "associating with the IRA" is enough to write a person off. Fucking Brits.

I don't really agree with a lot of the world view expressed here, but - I think the guy is, essentially, right. For better or for worse, the Brit electorate cares deeply about some things that JC thinks are bullshit, and he cares deeply about some stuff they're not interested in. If he's not electable then what's the point?

I don't really agree with a lot of the world view expressed here, but - I think the guy is, essentially, right. For better or for worse, the Brit electorate cares deeply about some things that JC thinks are bullshit, and he cares deeply about some stuff they're not interested in. If he's not electable then what's the point?
I think I largely agree (with you), I mean I think Corbyn's worldview and policies are great but clearly it wasn't enough to overcome the opposition. There's nothing in that article that posits an alternative though is there? It's just a bitter attack on someone who lost months ago.

Last edited:
From that article, "Corbyn brought a worldview alien to the Labour Party. A worldview that belonged on the fringes. " - am I wrong in thinking that Corbyn's worldview was not at all radical for the 1970s Labour Party he started out in?

Is it a foregone conclusion that Keir Starmer is going to be their next leader? I know he's seen as the centrist candidate safe-pair-of-hands type, having watched a few recent interviews I can't say he comes across as a massively inspiring or charismatic public speaker, he can lay out a reasonable argument but I don't know if that's what's needed against BoJo, I'm skeptical as to whether having a heavily-Remain identified leader will help them in the short term either (even if it rapidly transpires that Brexit will be a financial car crash for the country).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back