BREXIT (6 Viewers)

If Scotland gets independence, then they would presumably become an EU country.

Then there has to be a hard border between them and England? Or no? That would be a bit of a pain in the hole. I mean... maybe less of a pain in the hole than having Florisham Beachypole Arch Ferdinand Boris Cavendish Johnson as your leader, but still.
I think independence would come first - or is it technically dissolution of the Union?
Honestly don't know

Then fight with the EU about borders
Brexit is about to get a lot more fun - AKA the I-told-you-so phase of Brexit

Last edited:
If Scotland gets independence, then they would presumably become an EU country.

Then there has to be a hard border between them and England? Or no? That would be a bit of a pain in the hole. I mean... maybe less of a pain in the hole than having Florisham Beachypole Arch Ferdinand Boris Cavendish Johnson as your leader, but still.

It depends on what the final brexit deal would look like but presumably the UK gov wants deregulation and divergence from the EU so boarder controls would be needed in that case. Scottish independence would be a heck of a lot easier if both it and England were in the EU freedom of movement free trade etc would make it much less noticeable.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lols

The thing about 18-24-year-olds is that they get married, have kids & mortgages and start to get bitter as fuck at the new 18-24-year-olds who watch movies on their phones, use txtspk and don't know what a Van Halen is, and so go on to become 45-54-year-olds that vote Tory.

Circle of life, innit?

Don't be beating yourself up over not being as "tough," all our parents are suffering from years of untreated PTSD from school/the catholic church/ their father/ whatever that they mostly refuse to even recognize. If beating the shit out of your wife and then killing yourself at 55 makes you tough then, yeah, i'm good being weak, and i'll vote for my weak politicians like Corbyn.

People above 45 gave tories the majority.

The thread I posted above answers that, and i'm gonna post it again

The fatalistic or capitalist realism idea that everyone is fated to become like that because of some received wisdom cliché about becoming conservative as you get older is not actually something you have to buy into if you don't want to.

Based purely on number of votes Labour got more votes in this election than they got in 2015 (Miliband), 2010 (Brown) or 2005 (Blair) - obviously with seats won it's a whole different story. It's worth thinking about in regards complete rejection of Corbynism though.

I guess they need to find some common ground between the membership and a lot of the MPs, who it seems were really at odds with each other. If they just go back to New Labour I think the membership will just disappear, but obviously they lost making no compromises.

and on that point, I saw someone pointing out (I did not fact check this) that something like 40 of 42 odd Conservative seat gains were in areas that voted Brexit, and of course the Lib Dems basically got nowhere. If all true think you can fairly confidently say that if they didn't lose by not being pro-Remain enough, even if that meant they lost the columnists.

anyway, has Brexit happened yet? Get a move on lads.

That's one of the big disappointments of my life - the way it turned out that the only difference between my parents' generation and mine was we were younger (and not as tough)

That's pretty much it.
The more people have to lose, the less willing they are to take a chance on something different.

With you on the toughness too.

From a distance, the tactic of Twitter Labour
  • calling everyone on the other side scum
  • objecting to centrists in your own party like they’re a cancer
  • talking at your traditional base like they’re naïve idiots who don’t really understand Brexit like you do
is all fine if you want to win an argument and feel that you’re on the moral highground.
I just don’t see how it’s compatible with building a coalition to win an election.
And I don’t get why anyone at all should be surprised their wasn’t a win for this strategy.

Everyone I can see on Twitter this past week is basically all “I can’t understand it, I called everyone who disagreed with me a cunt and I stuck by the most unpopular leader in living memory. What went wrong? I blame the BBC.”

Even Corbyn is all "We won the argument"
Well, how's that working out for you?
Nice man. Useless sod of a leader.

I dunno, I mean:

• calling everyone on the other side scum - This is literally everyone on every side, including the people who loudly wield their "compassion" like a weapon to call all the non-compassionate people scum.
  • objecting to centrists in your own party like they’re a cancer - this one is true
  • talking at your traditional base like they’re naïve idiots who don’t really understand Brexit like you do - all sides as well.

Twitter is what it is, you can dream something up and find someone who said it.

And when it comes to excuses, I prefer "We won the argument" to "The Russians did it" tbh.

I think Corbyn is great, but I recognize that many others don't and will vote against a party apparently because of personal feelings instead of politics (although once again, look at the numbers).

He's the bathwater, but perhaps the Labour 2019 manifesto is the baby, you know?

I dunno, I mean:

• calling everyone on the other side scum - This is literally everyone on every side, including the people who loudly wield their "compassion" like a weapon to call all the non-compassionate people scum.
  • objecting to centrists in your own party like they’re a cancer - this one is true
  • talking at your traditional base like they’re naïve idiots who don’t really understand Brexit like you do - all sides as well.

Twitter is what it is, you can dream something up and find someone who said it.

And when it comes to excuses, I prefer "We won the argument" to "The Russians did it" tbh.
I've seen people on here objecting to centrists as leaders of the Labour party.
And most everyone on here has engaged in some form of the the idea that there were significant numbers of Leave voters didn't know what they were voting for in 2016.

I haven't invented or dreamed up a thing.

Well, there's 5 more years of Labour winning arguments from the backbenches in store for everyone, seeing how it's what people prefer.

He's the bathwater, but perhaps the Labour 2019 manifesto is the baby, you know?

Maybe
He's pissed in it though
Getting someone charismatic enough to sell it, while getting his stank off it will be quite the job

On teh plus side, we're getting Stormont back
Yeah, baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back