BREXIT (8 Viewers)

Good news for what matters to us.
The union breaking up is good news.

• England has voted for England and everyone should leave them to it.
  • Scotland voted for Scotland, and I'm very happy for them.
  • The North returned the first Nationalist majority of MPs for the first time - breaking up the DUP fundamentalist racket in the north is a hell of a lot more important to me than who's in No. 10
Managing the DUP's butthurt should be Job One for all politicians involved with bringing them along in the transition to an all island economy

Good news all round

Sorry if you're English, but hey, maybe you'll get that guy that was mayor and everyone loved

Can't really argue with any of that. I mean, i'd prefer a different situation but it's what we have.

and as the NHS is dismantled piece by piece, the HSE won't look so bad anymore.

It's great to see NI move away from voteing either SF or DUP I don't think English voters will mind either after all the trouble the DUP caused them. Also the EU and USA will take some sort of interest in NI the UK ultimately being the smaller power in relation to those.

Not sure how this may affect Trump in the US Farage is apparently set to be his opening act for a few months and Trumps royal visit was likely a boast for him but I still wouldn't necessarily think he is in a secure position over there of that the US will follow the UK.

Plz, this the Queen is woke business needs to stop. She is the worst out of all of them. Her husband is basically an 18th century slave trader who improbably has never died.
well, yeah. The Queen is clearly not ever going to do anything, as per her job description.

I was more doing a bit of an imaginary wank on how it would be the fuck you of all fuck yous to exactly the type of Tory cunt that voted for this if their superhero in chief turned around and put the knife in.

well, yeah. The Queen is clearly not ever going to do anything, as per her job description.

I was more doing a bit of an imaginary wank on how it would be the fuck you of all fuck yous to exactly the type of Tory cunt that voted for this if their superhero in chief turned around and put the knife in.
It's alright, I was just very sad this morning.

My prediction:

Labour splits, Momentum form a new left wing party which gets absolutely shit on by everyone, Labour elect someone bland and centre-y like Keir Starmer, they get hammered in the next election because as nice and charming Starmer is, he's a London remainer.

The left is already feeling pretty split. And it's FPTP voting, and the Tories are obviously never going to change that, nor would a majority Lab gov unless it was headed up by a cunt with morals like, ehhh, say Corbyn. So also never happening.

It's dammed either way territory. You can't reform the left, because the moment you split it you're never getting a sniff of power again. You can't not reform the left because you end up with pricks like Blair who demonstrate that Labour want nothing to do with poor people.

I suppose on the plus side it demonstrates how lucky Ireland is to have a proper voting system.

Good news all round

Sorry if you're English, but hey, maybe you'll get that guy that was mayor and everyone loved

fair.

It's the health service stuff that upsets me. You wanna see the state of things in the US, there's no limit to how gougey things can get.

It's carefully orchestrated frog boiling scenario too, they will slowly make things worse. And insurance companies will slowly move in, offering quite reasonable policies... and then slightly less fun changes to the policy.

The NHS will still exist and be called the NHS for years, but the ground will keep falling underneath them as the private health industry gets encouraging help from the Tory MPs, who just happen to be shareholders.

I'm ignorant, but what are the actual arguments for a united Ireland?
I'm not an expert, but you can compare the electoral map to the infrastructure map
1576250255941.png
1576250276608.png

and it tells the story of an unequal society, run for the benefit of one community. Not only that but the people running it are religious fundamentalists, who block progressive legislation- abortion, same-sex marriage and so on - on religious grounds.
You'd also hope that a United Ireland would bring a measure of lasting peace, but who knows?
The Unionists would fear persecution and a loss of identity should Dublin get control, but I think the main difference between the two regimes would be that "we" wouldn't ghettoise and blacklist Protestants from employment.
The Troubles did not begin over a flag or identity or borders, it was because an entire a class of people denied their basic humanity.
A united Ireland would be a chance to move on from that in the hopes that we could do better, and see if we're as good at these citizen assemblies as we've recently shown.
Empires, royalty and religion are damaging anachronisms. We need shot of them. But we have to do it respectfully.

Also, crucially, the map would look neater.

This is not a comprehensive list, just a take

Last edited:
fair.

It's the health service stuff that upsets me. You wanna see the state of things in the US, there's no limit to how gougey things can get.

It's carefully orchestrated frog boiling scenario too, they will slowly make things worse. And insurance companies will slowly move in, offering quite reasonable policies... and then slightly less fun changes to the policy.

The NHS will still exist and be called the NHS for years, but the ground will keep falling underneath them as the private health industry gets encouraging help from the Tory MPs, who just happen to be shareholders.

I live and work in the US
Thankfully I'm healthy as an ox, because the few times I've had to use my insurance it hasn't been all that great.

I'd personally reckon that the Brits love the NHS like they love the BBC, and Boris is too much a populist to mess with those things.
Also he has a bunch of MPs from up north now, and he'll want to keep them. Fucking around with teh NHS won't play well.

But who teh fuck knows?? He's a slippery fuck

images

That rail thing gets rolled out from time to time. It should never come without a topographical map. The sperrins are a big pile of rocky damp bogland if you think NI or ROI is ever going to have the money or the engineering brains to plough a series of rail tunnels through them to service a population of maybe 300,000 when there is a bus literally every 15 mins from derry to belfast. The motorway had politics, the airports had politics but the rail, that was rocks and damp soil.

images

That rail thing gets rolled out from time to time. It should never come without a topographical map. The sperrins are a big pile of rocky damp bogland if you think NI or ROI is ever going to have the money or the engineering brains to plough a series of rail tunnels through them to service a population of maybe 300,000 when there is a bus literally every 15 mins from derry to belfast. The motorway had politics, the airports had politics but the rail, that was rocks and damp soil.
I honestly don't know enough about geology to say it has caused the economic division in the north. You could say, I haven't a bog!
In general, the track (bonus pun!) record of inequality in the north speaks for itself, or I'd have thought so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back