BREXIT (4 Viewers)

On the other hand how many Fringe sports are going to get facilities in probably the most expensive property area in the country. GAA at the core requires space and a ball and a group. Whitewater you are a couple of hundred euro in before you can even try it. It's for rich people.

Hm.

I started paddling for nothing, and have being doing it here and there subsequently, for close to nothing. I was out on a slalom course a month or so ago, again for nothing. Most of the people I went out with did the same. I know one lad who got really into it and probably spent more money, but it's just not the case that you need loads of money to try it. You don't even need that much to do it. At one point I bought a boat, two decks, and a paddle for 80 euro (which I gave away to some lad).

The property for this yoke looks like it's floating on the water.... so, yeah, you could potentially build a flotilla for something else, but it's not like the land is being taken away from some other project.

i'm surprised that the fact that the head of DCC is himself a keen canoeister is not getting more attention. but that would imply that this might somehow affect the decision to proceed with this.

I had to go off and finally look up this rafting thing because of the non stop shite talking.

Are you talking about this white water thing in the Docklands?

Because that looks class. There's one tiny bit of white water up on the Liffey, in the sluice by Lucan (I think), and that's it. There's absolutely fuck all investment in paddling, (or cycling for that matter) in Ireland. Whitewater slalom is a legit sport.

No one bats an eye when GAA, or Rugby or whatever gets yet another metric fuckton of cash, but build a facility for kayakers for... I mean, the first time in the history of the country as far as I know, and everyone goes apeshit.
I encourage the demolition of all golf courses to be replaced with white water rafting courses. The docklands thing is just this weeks storm in a teacup (following on from the Grafton Quarter stuff) and you will not take it away from me. You'll have to make it as close to free as possible instead of 50 quid a go before i'll believe it's an investment in sporting culture in Ireland.

Good thread on Labour's chances in this election. Feels about right.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, had a good long conversation with a Labour voter over the weekend.

"I just don't like Corbyn"
"Any reason?"
Nope, just a feeling.

They loved Ed Miliband who is "the same" as Corbyn. I can barely even remember Miliband's policies but just looked them up and the phrase "responsible capitalism" is there so... hmm

anyway they're voting Labour so it's grand.

Yes, had a good long conversation with a Labour voter over the weekend.

"I just don't like Corbyn"
"Any reason?"
Nope, just a feeling.

They loved Ed Miliband who is "the same" as Corbyn. I can barely even remember Miliband's policies but just looked them up and the phrase "responsible capitalism" is there so... hmm

anyway they're voting Labour so it's grand.
At least they're still voting Labour.

There's a part of me that thinks what Labour needs is a race-baiting sexist prick in interviews who runs an utterly left, anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-war etc. policy in practice but just never discusses it. If it's broached in an interview he could just say that it's all lies and they're trying to shut down his truth and how could they accuse him of this as he stands here in his union jack suit?

There's a part of me that thinks what Labour needs is a race-baiting sexist prick in interviews who runs an utterly left, anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-war etc. policy in practice but just never discusses it. If it's broached in an interview he could just say that it's all lies and they're trying to shut down his truth and how could they accuse him of this as he stands here in his union jack suit?

Anyone ever seen Jeremy Clarkson and Jeremy Corbyn in the same room at the same time?

Maybe the Jeremys have been playing the long game all along.

Jeremy spoke in parliament today.

this is mad. if there's one thing that could swing an election it's the prime minister grabbing a journos phone and pocketing it to avoid having to look at a picture of a sick kid in hospital lying on a pile of coats

this is mad. if there's one thing that could swing an election it's the prime minister grabbing a journos phone and pocketing it to avoid having to look at a picture of a sick kid in hospital lying on a pile of coats

Like Trump though, it'll only make them love him more. At some point people have to realize this?

All the Corbyn stuff, they don't care about it, they only care about stopping him. To give Corbyn his dues, he doesn't give it time of day, and that's the right approach. Obviously the deck is stacked against him. The Guardian liberal reader is the one being duped by the Tory and Lib Dems pretending to clutch their pearls.

@Bernie, you've gone door to door, am I way off?

The BBC done that we lost connection and the test card comes up on the screen thing earlier during a live interview with Johnson just when he was being asked an awkward question. It didn't get much better then someone began asking him about searching Labours manifesto online implying some sort of foul play was going. Anyway for all the Tory Vs Labour arguments the whole thing may well come down to Brexit.

A response on Facebook to the story of the child sleeping on the floor:
"You would think that woman would hold her little child in her arms, she is a disgrace.. "
And someone liked it with a heart icon

do we really give a shit?

Nope

And for the first time ever, I feel kinda feel okay with the Tories winning this one in the UK

Pros
  • The May/Johnson deal with unify Ireland economically - while separating the north from the UK – closer to a United Ireland and the sidelining of fundamentalist Unionism
  • Scotland will push to leave the Union
  • England will arsefuck itself for some notion of Englishness it thinks is Britishness (I'll be having schadenfreude for breakfast, dinner and tea for a decade)
Cons
  • Tough go economically for Ireland for a while (but the EU will have a vested interest in looking out for us)

I fucking hate the Tories, always have done, but if that's what has to happen for the natural order to take over in these islands, then so be it

You may be right, we've definitely opined that that might happen throughout this thread.

But being that Corbyn is in the IRA we should get the north back either way. hurrah!

You may be right, we've definitely opined that that might happen throughout this thread.

But being that Corbyn is in the IRA we should get the north back either way. hurrah!
Corbyn's complicit in the whole Brexit mess.
AWOL for the original vote. Prevaricating for this one. Gifting them both to the other side.
An utter disaster of a leader.

It's your basic Shakespearean tragedy.

I'm just getting progressively more annoyed that here in the glorious 26 its a get out of jail card for an awful govt.

In Ann Posts medieval tech cult we'd be fully functioning as the whole debacle was long over by now.

I'm not sure if UK voters even care anymore they will say "just get on with it" like it's none of there business or there vote won't change anything anyway. I suspect they would all probably like to forget about politics and focus on celebrity gossip and football instead and I wouldn't blame them either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back