BREXIT (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fair play to the Conservatives taking this brave stance in erecting a statue of their proudly antisemitic, racist, Hitler-approving, not the first female MP.

Fair play to the Conservatives taking this brave stance in erecting a statue of their proudly antisemitic, racist, Hitler-approving, not the first female MP.

Well I guess Erasure were from London when you think about it.

Oh. Huh.

I just realised that Astor Place and Astor Row were named after her family? I thought Astor was some class of a plant or tree something. There's loads of Astor this and that in NYC.

They were a big deal in the US too it appears.

Oh. Huh.

I just realised that Astor Place and Astor Row were named after her family? I thought Astor was some class of a plant or tree something. There's loads of Astor this and that in NYC.

They were a big deal in the US too it appears.
Ah sure we'd have to cancel Virginia Woolf and Ezra Pound and, well, most of the modernists, if we were to judge them based on antisemitism, eugenics, support of fascism and the like. It's more about evidence that all these attacks on Corbyn aren't based on anything like actually caring about the Jewish community in the UK.

Although they still probably shouldn't be erecting statues to these people in 2019.

also, Brits out.

Why the fuck are we still erecting statues to anyone? It's the kind of nonsense that I expected to die out any moment when I was a teenager (a bit like marriage, nationalism, and mortality)
I dunno what you're talking about egg. Statues are gift.

44278679_303.jpg

Looks like the campaign of lying to the electorate and treating them a pack of dumb oiks is really working out for the tories. I am cautiously optimistic

New Statesman are endorsing no-one, they agree with all of Corbyn's policies and Labour's Manifesto but buy fully into the Anti-Semitism accusation stuff (and include one small line about Brexit).

David Graeber (wrote that Bullshit Jobs book, I think he mostly calls himself an anarchist) made a good video on the AS stuff:, I had never even heard it said before that three of the four founders of Momentum were Jewish, turns out it's true

Once again, I can only point out that they tried to sink Corbyn on sexist grounds in 2016 but it didn't stick. If he is replaced by someone else with the same politics as him as Labour leader they'll try and do the same thing to them.

Anyway, it is what it is at this point 🤷‍♂️

FF used brexit as their excuse to not cause instability in yesterdays no confidence vote.

Thats quite a concept to think of, that our democracy is suspended to accomodate britains whims. It really really shouldn't matter, we left them a long time ago.

conclusion: FF = Massive west brits waiting for boris to tell them when they can be politicians.

New Statesman are endorsing no-one, they agree with all of Corbyn's policies and Labour's Manifesto but buy fully into the Anti-Semitism accusation stuff (and include one small line about Brexit).

David Graeber (wrote that Bullshit Jobs book, I think he mostly calls himself an anarchist) made a good video on the AS stuff:, I had never even heard it said before that three of the four founders of Momentum were Jewish, turns out it's true

Once again, I can only point out that they tried to sink Corbyn on sexist grounds in 2016 but it didn't stick. If he is replaced by someone else with the same politics as him as Labour leader they'll try and do the same thing to them.

Anyway, it is what it is at this point 🤷‍♂️

The shit has well and truly stuck to the walls. Can't see anything other than a Tory majority happening at this stage. It's a feeling akin to being steamrollered. Anyway, fuck the Brits they deserve what they get (don't tell them I said that cos I have to live here).

The shit has well and truly stuck to the walls. Can't see anything other than a Tory majority happening at this stage. It's a feeling akin to being steamrollered. Anyway, fuck the Brits they deserve what they get (don't tell them I said that cos I have to live here).
Sorry to hear that man :(

So say the Boris playground does trundle its merry way back into quaffing wine for breakfast at westminster.

Europe are still gonna tell them to get fucked with their jerk off fantasies in January, or they pile drive the country into a mess.

Its not great but it has the hallmarks of more than one election in a year.

though boris will probably find a way to not go to work for most of january anywhooo.

FF used brexit as their excuse to not cause instability in yesterdays no confidence vote.

Thats quite a concept to think of, that our democracy is suspended to accomodate britains whims. It really really shouldn't matter, we left them a long time ago.

conclusion: FF = Massive west brits waiting for boris to tell them when they can be politicians.

Not wanting to defend FF buuuut... I'm not sure that the argument that Ireland sits in a holding pattern until BREXIT calms down slightly mightn't be 100% misdirected.

Clearly Brexit, assuming it's rammed through in some shape that Boris is looking for, is going to be the mother of all shit shows. It's going to reverberate around Europe for some time, and it's going to seriously fuck with Ireland.

Whether Ireland likes it or not there's lots riding on the UK election, which defines the hows and wheres of Brexit. I think there's a lot of nervousness and the argument that Ireland demonstrates they are stable and aligned with the EU isn't a terrible one.

There's a time and a place for getting shouty and pointing out differences in political parties (because FF and FG clearly have so many), but that time maybe isn't right this minute?

I dunno. I could be completely wrong on this one. Something about it is ringing true though.

Not wanting to defend FF buuuut... I'm not sure that the argument that Ireland sits in a holding pattern until BREXIT calms down slightly mightn't be 100% misdirected.

Clearly Brexit, assuming it's rammed through in some shape that Boris is looking for, is going to be the mother of all shit shows. It's going to reverberate around Europe for some time, and it's going to seriously fuck with Ireland.

Whether Ireland likes it or not there's lots riding on the UK election, which defines the hows and wheres of Brexit. I think there's a lot of nervousness and the argument that Ireland demonstrates they are stable and aligned with the EU isn't a terrible one.

There's a time and a place for getting shouty and pointing out differences in political parties (because FF and FG clearly have so many), but that time maybe isn't right this minute?

I dunno. I could be completely wrong on this one. Something about it is ringing true though.

I would have thought that for a time, but look, its pretty clear that for 3 years now the british have been saying they are fucking off. We have a rental/homlessness/property spiral that is making life a mess for a lot of people and waiting till FF are good and ready to scrape 3% more in an election is not going to keep any homeless warm this winter. Whatever the brits do we have to take care of our own country and not defer all humanity in the meantime. The rental measures have failed, rents are shooting up. There will never be a right time with brexit, at this point we should be acting as if they dont exist anymore rather than using brexit panic to prolong large wages and a lack of accountability.

I would have thought that for a time, but look, its pretty clear that for 3 years now the british have been saying they are fucking off. We have a rental/homlessness/property spiral that is making life a mess for a lot of people and waiting till FF are good and ready to scrape 3% more in an election is not going to keep any homeless warm this winter. Whatever the brits do we have to take care of our own country and not defer all humanity in the meantime. The rental measures have failed, rents are shooting up. There will never be a right time with brexit, at this point we should be acting as if they dont exist anymore rather than using brexit panic to prolong large wages and a lack of accountability.
yeah but

🎵white water rafting🎶

hqdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back