BREXIT (9 Viewers)

"By contrast, Labour played a better hand and tapped into most of its electoral strengths. There is a clear left-wing anti-austerity constituency in Britain, and rather than being out of touch with the public mood, as many New Labour grandees feared, our analysis shows that Labour’s message under Corbyn resonated both with party supporters and the wider public. By offering its supporters policies they strongly agreed with, Labour also thwarted the electoral threat potentially inherent in its vague position on Brexit."

Why are they polling at 23% then?

Tories 11 pts ahead.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not great but compared with 25 points at last election I think we can close the gap. I think the gap will close even further once 31st December passes and people who don't follow the news so much realise we haven't left yet. I'll be out there knocking on doors - something I've never done before - and as you said yourself corbyn shines during campaigning - whereas Boris gets shouted at by members of the public. It'll be a tough fight but I think we can do it.

Imagine seeing the catastrophic shitshow that's been unfurling, and thinking:

I say, those Tories seem to be doing an absolutely smashing job! I shall vote them back in at once :)

Tories 11 pts ahead.

Not great but compared with 25 points at last election I think we can close the gap. I think the gap will close even further once 31st December passes and people who don't follow the news so much realise we haven't left yet. I'll be out there knocking on doors - something I've never done before - and as you said yourself corbyn shines during campaigning - whereas Boris gets shouted at by members of the public. It'll be a tough fight but I think we can do it.

*31st October

I said this exact same thing to my gf today. I said "how the fuck does anyone vote for this pack of animals?"

The response I've heard is something along the lines of "oh, well! Corbyn is just terrible!"

If you ask what thing is terrible about Corbyn you'll get "something something Trotsky something goddamn COMMIES.".

The response I've heard is something along the lines of "oh, well! Corbyn is just terrible!"

If you ask what thing is terrible about Corbyn you'll get "something something Trotsky something goddamn COMMIES.".
That and it's a class thing. It's deeply ingrained into the country's psyche to be obedient to the master while they are shitting all over you. The cunts are born to rule. Look at how much the monarchy is fetishised. It's medieval

And some will also say something something antisemitism stuff.
I've seen some decent (as in, not decent) Bernie-attack pieces in the US where they're clearly gnashing their teeth in frustration at the fact that he's Jewish and they're trying to find a way of still making him antisemitic, usually along the lines of "but Ilhan Omar likes him."

I mean, maybe Bernie should be leading with, "a vote for Biden is a vote for antisemitism" but he's too cool to go down that route.

anyway, Rachel Riley's full-scale campaign against Corbyn is kind of insane:

remember he was a woman hater in 2016? Seems they got over that one.

I've seen some decent (as in, not decent) Bernie-attack pieces in the US where they're clearly gnashing their teeth in frustration at the fact that he's Jewish and they're trying to find a way of still making him antisemitic, usually along the lines of "but Ilhan Omar likes him."

I mean, maybe Bernie should be leading with, "a vote for Biden is a vote for antisemitism" but he's too cool to go down that route.

anyway, Rachel Riley's full-scale campaign against Corbyn is kind of insane:

There's something wrong with her but most of the blue tick presenters/comedians/journos hate him because they think he'll take their big houses away from them!

There's something wrong with her but most of the blue tick presenters/comedians/journos hate him because they think he'll take their big houses away from them!
Listen, I know that, and you know that, and they know that but... yeah I dunno. People are mental.

In the US unless you vitriolically support Israel's right to run an apartheid state, you're basically an anti-Semite.

This ends up with plenty of Jews being anti-Semitic. Norman Finkelstein is the most Jewish guy you'd ever hope to meet; "rabid anti-Semite".

In the US unless you vitriolically support Israel's right to run an apartheid state, you're basically an anti-Semite.

This ends up with plenty of Jews being anti-Semitic. Norman Finkelstein is the most Jewish guy you'd ever hope to meet; "rabid anti-Semite".
Yeah but a vote for Warren is a vote for antisemitism.

This is probably funded by lizards or something I've over looked

I read somewhere that if only 30% of Remain leaning voters voted tactically Boris could be forced out. I’m in a safe Labour seat so no point knocking on doors there. I will focus my energies on campaigning in Uxbridge (Boris’s swing seat) and Thurrock (my girlfriend’s hometown and tiny Con majority).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back