BREXIT (5 Viewers)

But many of those Letwin backing ex tories have said they will vote for the deal so it could still pass? Also, when do they vote on the deal now? The Labour mps who voted against the Letwin amendment should lose the whip IMO

Yup. Letwin himself is voting for Johnson's deal. All this did was take no deal away as an option, which is irrelevant if the deal gets passed.

Voting not to crash out has nothing to do with your vote for the deal.

It takes away the weaselly option of voting for Johnson's deal and then saying you had no option since crashing out seemed worse. But I don't believe that anyone honestly would vote for it because of this reason.

Oh yeah of course the deal can still be passed an extension might be necessary anyway because of the time needed to ratify the agreement and do all the legal stuff. Or if it is an attempt to stop brexit it might just end up being another delay. I really don't how it will pan out there is still a chance to back out of brexit I think even if it is a slim one.

there is still a chance to back out of brexit I think even if it is a slim one.

Yeah. It's a possibility now.

They're not going to leave on the 31st, there will be an extension, then there will be an election, and that election will pretty much decide the future of Brexit.

In the meantime Boris is going to talk a lot of shite.

Over the past few weeks I have repeatedly heard reporters make statements about how particular rights, especially consumer rights in various industries, are protected by EU regulations, and never once with a sense of irony or a "well for now". When Thomas Cook collapsed, for example. Lots of talk about the Package Travel Directive, an EU law, the provisons of which may or may not be kept following departure of the UK from the EU.

It seems that the phrase "good deal" has even crept into Trump's self conscious Donald Trump’s bizarre, threatening letter to Erdoğan: ‘Don’t be a fool’.

I admire your optimism, even after many years of living there, that Britain isn't fash as fuck.

"By contrast, Labour played a better hand and tapped into most of its electoral strengths. There is a clear left-wing anti-austerity constituency in Britain, and rather than being out of touch with the public mood, as many New Labour grandees feared, our analysis shows that Labour’s message under Corbyn resonated both with party supporters and the wider public. By offering its supporters policies they strongly agreed with, Labour also thwarted the electoral threat potentially inherent in its vague position on Brexit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back