BREXIT (4 Viewers)

So explain it to me, i'm not sure I follow::

One and two

mean nothing,

Third, it provides for the potential creation of an all-island regulatory zone on the island of Ireland

Fourth, this regulatory zone must depend on the consent of those affected by it.

this just means the north stays in Europe until it votes to leave? The "All Ireland Regulatory Zone" is a subset of the European regulatory zone.

Fifth, and finally, under these arrangements Northern Ireland will be fully part of the UK customs territory, not the EU Customs Union, after the end of the transition period.

and this just means the North stays in Europe but tells everyone it's not in Europe when it suits?

I mean, the DUP have signed on to it - if demographics continue as they are the north will never leave the EU? I'm not being sarky here, am I correct in this reading?

It seems to be injecting permanent instability into the North. Is he proposing that they just keeping asking everyone every few years are yiz still happy with the EU and things?.

That's going to guarantee that nobody invests in the place. "Ah yeah, seems ok now, fuck knows what's going to happen in 2 1/2 years time though, people seem a bit grumpy with something so... shrug."

Won't there be people put over the barrel and other narratives attached to this constant cycling vote?

> "Third, it provides for the potential creation of an all-island regulatory zone on the island of Ireland "

Leaving aside altogether who exactly gave him any say over any part of what goes on in the Republic, either they are creating this thing, or they aren't. Pick one.

Everything from that point seems to assume this new reg zone exists.

But yeah, those pricks have absolutely zero authority to just invent a new Regulatory Zone and apply it to all of Ireland, even if it's a meaningless one.

Ha! The UK should be paying US to take NI off their hands. Part of the deal would have to be that they grant asylum to Arlene and her buddies and relocate them in the UK somewhere. Scotland would historically seem the logical option, but maybe Wales would be a safer choice with the current political climate there.

Ha! The UK should be paying US to take NI off their hands. Part of the deal would have to be that they grant asylum to Arlene and her buddies and relocate them in the UK somewhere. Scotland would historically seem the logical option, but maybe Wales would be a safer choice with the current political climate there.

It’d be terrible if the ferry sank........

The dawning realisation in the Tory party that they have strongly overplayed their hand, and misread everyone else's cards is quite something to watch. Is it too much to hope for that they burn Johnson, Gove and Cummings, and the rest of that mutant cabinet, crown Tom Tugendhat and try to forget that this ever happened? There's still the millions of English people who hang on Johnson's every word to be brought to re-education camps, but still

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back