BREXIT (2 Viewers)

In the US it's poor, non-white, especially Latin, immigrants. Trump has built, and is building, literal concentration camps.

It's difficult for me to describe how low these Latino immigrants are here. I got the impression that the Jews in Germany were considered to be sneaky, manipulative, malevolent types, eager to outwit the poor Deutsche Leute. The Latin immigrants are not even considered this highly. They are bodies to throw at problems. Ultimately the Third Reich cast Jews as sub-human. That's been the case here since I arrived. Latino immigrants simply are sub-human. There's no need to propagate that line, that's surplus to requirements.

Rounding them up in concentration camps, and letting them rot there is a recemt enough line. That's a development since I've been here.
I suppose my issue is that I see this development as happening under any current US administration, it's not some Trump thing - Clinton would be doing the same but just with different language and some hand-wringing about difficult choices and platitudes about treating people humanely. We're way behind but we have Direct Provision over here, our first steps into our very own for-profit prison system.

Clinton would be doing the same but just with different language and some hand-wringing

No. She would have maintained the status quo. She would have done the hand wringing, and things would not have changed, recent poor dark-skined immigrants would carry on being subhuman. Working class would be continued to be villified, black americans would be continued to harassed and jailed, the police would be stay corrupt and racist while being venerated. The War On Drugs would trudge on, against poor people, for profit prisons, massive wealth would still buy you any political favour you need.

Nauseating US would stay being nauseating.

My point is, the US has become significantly worse under Trump. Instead of quietly working Latinos to death, and congratulating ourselves on the First! Woman! President! and thinking the US is on this (admittedly meandering) path to equality, respect and prosperity, Trump has in a way done the US a favour by exposing the horrific core.

Now it's become a bit tricky to ignore a lot of these things, because they've become much worse.

But no, Hillary would not be doing the same thing. She'd be meeting with an entirely different set of celebrities for starters.

edit - actually fuck me. This is completely the wrong thread. Sorry...

What was the point of this?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Basically if the vote goes through tomorrow (which would potentially mean Johnson would have to request a delay from EU)- he will call an election...

i am somewhat interested by the tory party strategy of announcing 'we don't regard the vote of the house of commons as something we have to uphold anymore' and then saying 'let's have an election to elect the house of commons again, as if we think that's important anymore'.

No. She would have maintained the status quo. She would have done the hand wringing, and things would not have changed, recent poor dark-skined immigrants would carry on being subhuman. Working class would be continued to be villified, black americans would be continued to harassed and jailed, the police would be stay corrupt and racist while being venerated. The War On Drugs would trudge on, against poor people, for profit prisons, massive wealth would still buy you any political favour you need.

Nauseating US would stay being nauseating.

My point is, the US has become significantly worse under Trump. Instead of quietly working Latinos to death, and congratulating ourselves on the First! Woman! President! and thinking the US is on this (admittedly meandering) path to equality, respect and prosperity, Trump has in a way done the US a favour by exposing the horrific core.

Now it's become a bit tricky to ignore a lot of these things, because they've become much worse.

But no, Hillary would not be doing the same thing. She'd be meeting with an entirely different set of celebrities for starters.

edit - actually fuck me. This is completely the wrong thread. Sorry...
It seems we are in agreement about everything bar how much we can compare the US administration to Nazis. Grand so. Good chat.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it never doesn't seem like the worst place on earth

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back