BREXIT (4 Viewers)

Did anyone watch the BBC's Brexit inside story thing on Monday?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't want it to sound like I have sympathy for May, because I don't, if nothing else the home office she ran means she deserves nothing but misery, but I was watching it and thought "how has she not cracked?"

So May is trying to get Corbyn on board to support the withdrawal agreement and if she can I think it stands a good chance of passing. I suspect a long extension is there best option otherwise which of course must have a good reason like a second referendum. Revoking article 50 is still possible to but I think unlikely and a move that would look bad for the EU. I could be in Labours advantage to try force an election which for the Torys maybe disastrous but that in itself might not solve the issue of brexit either. No deal can also still happen.

The EU Parliament elections in the UK are going to be interesting.

Neither Labour or the Tories will do well - and may only get a handful of seats.

It'll be an election between Remain and Leave parties.
On the Leave side you'll have Farage's new Brexit Party and UKIP (these days this is more or less like the political wing of the EDL).
On the Remain side you'll see this new Change UK/The Independent Group as well as the Lib Dems, Greens, SNP and Plaid Cymru (plus a few pro-Remain independent candidates).

In a way, I believe the EU Parliament elections will be kind of like a second referendum... or at least an indicative vote!
I also believe Remain candidates will be the big winners.
Macron, and a good few others in the EU have this idea that the UK will return a lot of Farage-like MEPs to the European Parliament. I don't believe this is correct.

As we've seen with the Revoke Article 50 petition and the enormous march in London last month, it has to be said the Remain side are far more energised. The passion in the Leave side just isn't there any more. In the last week we saw the conservative journalists Peter Oborne and Nick Ferrari both turning their back on Leave and are now advocating Remain.

So... I think the Tories and Labour are both going to look at the results of the EU Parliamentary elections and, if there is a big victory for Remain candidates, I think it may push the UK government in to revoking Article 50.

The EU Parliament elections in the UK are going to be interesting.

Neither Labour or the Tories will do well - and may only get a handful of seats.

It'll be an election between Remain and Leave parties.
On the Leave side you'll have Farage's new Brexit Party and UKIP (these days this is more or less like the political wing of the EDL).
On the Remain side you'll see this new Change UK/The Independent Group as well as the Lib Dems, Greens, SNP and Plaid Cymru (plus a few pro-Remain independent candidates).

In a way, I believe the EU Parliament elections will be kind of like a second referendum... or at least an indicative vote!
I also believe Remain candidates will be the big winners.
Macron, and a good few others in the EU have this idea that the UK will return a lot of Farage-like MEPs to the European Parliament. I don't believe this is correct.

As we've seen with the Revoke Article 50 petition and the enormous march in London last month, it has to be said the Remain side are far more energised. The passion in the Leave side just isn't there any more. In the last week we saw the conservative journalists Peter Oborne and Nick Ferrari both turning their back on Leave and are now advocating Remain.

So... I think the Tories and Labour are both going to look at the results of the EU Parliamentary elections and, if there is a big victory for Remain candidates, I think it may push the UK government in to revoking Article 50.
But that's hardly surprising that the fight has gone out of the the Leave side. They've already won.

But that's hardly surprising that the fight has gone out of the the Leave side. They've already won.

I think the sentiment about staying or leaving the EU is still about 50/50. However it has dawned on everyone just how complicated leaving the EU is and how complicated life outside the EU will be. Britain simply doesn't have enough diplomats and negotiators.

If anything Brexit is splitting the Tories and Labour - and, in a lot of ways, that was one of the main intentions of the Leave vote. Many people voted to Leave simply to break up the status quo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back