BREXIT (9 Viewers)

Just hoping my father-in-law can keep getting insulin.

Looks like June 30th isn't a runner.
It doesn't make sense for the EU. If Article 50 were to be extended until then, Britain could revoke it. The European Parliament elections are on the 23rd May and it sits in early July. If Britain had a referendum (say in mid June), and then revoked on the 28th June... then Britain would have to elect it's 72 MEPs very, very quickly... whose seats will have been reallocated to other EU members.
The EU are likely to reject May's proposed date and instead insist on either before the 23rd May or a long extension.

I wouldn't be surprised if May quits this weekend.... but... there may be a twist...

The Queen may not accept her resignation and demand that May (as leader of her government) has to go back to the EU and agree something... anything...

Who knows? The thick plottens.

that looks less impressive when you look at the map and see it's like .4% of each constituency or whatever

that petition thing is a load of wank, right?

I remember they had one before and millions signed. Turned out it was easy to spoof signatures and most were fake. Would be nice if that wasn't the case here, but it probably is, giving the rate the numbers are increasing at.

After Theresa May's speech last night, I reckon if the Withdrawal Agreement would be voted on now it'd be rejected. The EU will not grant an extension beyond the 22nd May.

Without the Withdrawal Agreement it is a straight choice between revoking Article 50 or leaving the EU without a Withdrawal Agreement.

I don't believe anyone in Westminster would make that call, so they might call a second referendum. A second referendum is a really unpopular idea and will probably cause a lot more harm than good. Technically it's already way too late to have one anyway.
Likewise a General Election will serve no purpose at all and it's also too late to call one.

I reckon they'll vote for the Withdrawal Agreement. I was watching an interview last night with that nutter Shrewsbury MP, Daniel Kawczynski and he was advocating backing the Withdrawal Agreement (even though he's voted it down twice, like his other ERG nutcases).

The DUP will vote against it, but enough Labour MPs will back it. Then... I reckon May will resign and/or there will be a general election.

Then... the next ten years will be all about Britain trying to rejoin the the EU.

The funny thing is... Ireland will have a veto on this - so I would expect, as part of the conditions for re-entry, Ireland will ask Britain to conduct a referendum about Irish unification. It'll be funny watching the DUP realise that most people in Britain don't want them.

not sure if this is a piss-take or not. The fact I can't tell the difference is enough to convince me Hook is an even bigger cunt than the massive cunt I thought him previously

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back