BREXIT (7 Viewers)

I've got back on to my broker to see if they can get an answer sooner rather than later. If they don't reply today I'll ring the insurers directly.
I'm probably taking the position of the stroppy four year old with mine, the email will basically be 'other insurers are doing this already, should I move my business there' and then maybe say hello after that.

Bill Cash of thumped most tory tory ever fame profiled by a dutch newspaper. (google translate required to read)

And the spanish, who feed the brits are getting a little edgy

If she'd the foresight to double down she'd in a great position to either bolster or disrupt Arlene's demographic. I was half expecting her to go for it

Remember Trump released a statement saying he meant the opposite of what he said? and never apologized. That's the way to do it.

dpe5vk.gif

Tonight they're going to vote on the Withdrawal Agreement. Theresa May is pitching it as going for this deal or having a General Election... or something like that.

They're due to have a vote on "No Deal" tomorrow. There will be a huge vote against "No Deal".
Then, on Thursday, they're due to vote to ask for an extension to the Article 50 process. All 27 EU members, and the EU Parliament, have to agree to this extension. They will only offer a short extension if their is a definite outcome from it (i.e. an extension to allow Westminster to pass the necessary UK legislation that will unhook the UK from the EU). If there is no definite outcome, then the EU might offer a two or three year extension. The reason this would be so long is it'll probably push the British to have another referendum, where they'll probably vote to Remain. They may also need to offer a longer extension if there is a UK general election. However... they may not want to offer this kind of extension because legally British voters will have to elect MEPs in May and it's very likely you'll see a big Brexit Party, fronted by Farage, which will spearhead a far right/nationalist/anti-EU bloc in the EU Parliament. The EU have a big council meeting on the 21st March and it's very unlikely they will be able to come up with a suggestion on how long the extension will be.

If the Withdrawal Agreement is rejected tonight, and then a No Deal rejected tomorrow, then we're in a situation where Westminster will have to vote for either one - even though they've voted explicitly for neither one.

My feeling is it'll come down to the size of defeat. Let's say the Withdrawal Agreement gets 250 votes (with 400 against), and the No Deal is rejected (with, say 150 voting for and 500 against)... then they may opt for the least worst (i.e. the Withdrawal Agreement)... or they may have a referendum on the Withdrawal Agreement or No Brexit... or there could be a general election... it's all a bit fucked really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back