BREXIT (8 Viewers)

And also... I mean how the Irish Famine isn't discussed widely in Britain is beyond me.
Famines are only caused by government policy. They never, ever accidentally happen.

I think you answer your own question there

AND AS FOR THIS ONE
And then there's the Bengal Famine of 1943... again... conveniently overlooked in the hero-worshiping of Churchill.
I'll let the International Churchill Society answer it

The Bengali Famine - The International Churchill Society

not once, but twice!

Without Churchill, India’s Famine Would Have Been Worse - The International Churchill Society

as you can see he is actually a hero in India.

WTF Billy? Are you saying people never starved to death before we invented governments? Or that governments starve people to death on purpose?
Not to put words in his mouth but I would think he means it's generally as a result of bad policy not because there is literally insufficient food to go around.

BSE outbreak in Aberdeenshire.. might alleviate the pressure to be striking trade deals for their beef

I know I'm stating the obvious but we are all aware that this is probably going to be a recession? Like I'm sure in my own media bubble it's obvious but just in case, especially the thumped parents, like, it might be Carnage but at very least I think it'll be Rocky. Agriculture can expect a double hit, some surprises in manufacturing and having a blank legal canvas you don't know what companies might head across the sea. Like I'm sure it's obvious but is the day next year gotta ahead you can dig your bunkers now.

I wasn't aware of that fact annpost, but it makes sense now ya mention it.

It'll be my third. Great time for bands

On the "Brits are clueless about us" thing. When Game went tits up I had a friend working there, the head office was really helpful and sent out social welfare claim forms to all the stores (the company offering redundancy packages? As if) for all the staff that were getting shitcanned, guess which country's social welfare system the Irish store staff were given forms for.

And then when the staff said fuck this and occupied a number of the stores they got loads of shit from UK store staff who were also losing their jobs because the Irish weren't being good little boys and girls and just taking it. Many potato comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back