BREXIT (12 Viewers)

How so?

His lack of saying anything concrete over Brexit has annoyed me alright but there's been a huge section of Blairite MP's just looking for a chance to jump ship, it was always going to happen. I looked up Mike Gapes there and the first thing I see is that is that he takes the pro-empire view of Venezuela, he's obviously not on board with Corbyn, can't say I blame him for leaving. Someone else look up the others, I can't be bothered.
well this is it. It's more what he hasn't done than what he has.

Like, you shouldn't have to defend yourself about something you're absolutely innocent of, but in politics, you need to come out strongly and get ahead of that shit. He just hasn't done a good job of that imo.

Chuka Umunna one of the MPs trying to get an amendment on a second referendum which was not supported by Labour. They parliament hasn't even secured a situation where it can by vote revoke art50 or prevent a no deal situation. It's only way to stop the brexit withdrawal agreement is by having a crash out brexit !

I like that he hasn't blathered on establishing that he's not anti-Semitic. What's has supposed to do about that? The whole thing is so transparently a smear that it's amazing so many people are latching on to it
agreed, but the smear on him has been exacerbated by the fact that there clearly are bogeys in labour that should have been weeded out long ago.

People will assume guilt unless convinced otherwise. That's the shitty reality of it so I think he needed to come out fighting.

agreed, but the smear on him has been exacerbated by the fact that there clearly are bogeys in labour that should have been weeded out long ago.

People will assume guilt unless convinced otherwise. That's the shitty reality of it so I think he needed to come out fighting.
The shitty reality is that if people gave a fuck about anti-semitism they wouldn't vote Tory ever and would have given the royal family the options of having their heads lopped off or abdicating. They're welcome to their third party if they actually believe Corbyn is an antisemite.

The shitty reality is that if people gave a fuck about anti-semitism they wouldn't vote Tory ever and would have given the royal family the options of having their heads lopped off or abdicating. They're welcome to their third party if they actually believe Corbyn is an antisemite.
a lot of these people are the same thicks who voted for BREXIT though. They'd believe any old shite.

a lot of these people are the same thicks who voted for BREXIT though. They'd believe any old shite.
LOL

Thing is, Corbyn has come out with statements:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

but it'll never be enough. If 50 Jewish people say he personally saved them from Nazis those attacking him will want 80 to say it. If 80 say it they'll say they're not real jewish people so it doesn't count. He's not engaging because it allows the people slinging mud to set the terms of the argument.

Starting to feel quite freaked over a recession and chaos returning up North. Ugh. Feels like we're going backwards.

Can you really call everyone who voted for Brexit thick? Or have they just been horribly manipulated by a group of very disgusting, psychopathic leaders? Many people who felt totally abandoned by the London elite voted out of some kind of misguided spite that was massively financially backed by hedge-funders. These are people who genuinely buy the Daily Mail to be informed. Its tragic. My brother had to explain to a relative of ours that they need to apply for passports because they won't be able to freely travel around Europe anymore. They had no idea. They voted leave.

think its pretty awful about honda leaving britain, although they were a semi remnant of the the demise of rover group which was a mess for years. but 3500 jobs in a city of 200000 is harsh.

Calling the people who voted for Brexit thick is really unhelpful. My girlfriend is from Grays in Essex which is extremely poor and statistically the unhappiest place in the UK and voted overwhelmingly for Brexit. Not because everyone from there is thick, but they feel they've been left behind by Labour and the Tories. In the run up to the Brexit vote UKIP opened like a tea shop there where people could come in have a cuppa and a chat and for many of them, older ones particularly, it felt like the only party that was actually listening to them.

Can you really call everyone who voted for Brexit thick? Or have they just been horribly manipulated by a group of very disgusting, psychopathic leaders? Many people who felt totally abandoned by the London elite voted out of some kind of misguided spite that was massively financially backed by hedge-funders. These are people who genuinely buy the Daily Mail to be informed. Its tragic. My brother had to explain to a relative of ours that they need to apply for passports because they won't be able to freely travel around Europe anymore. They had no idea. They voted leave.
no of course not. Similar to the Corbyn smear, people were manipulated and believe the spin.

That was at vote time. Now though, that's a different matter. Anyone who still claims brexit is a good thing either has a vested interest, is racist as fuck, or is thick as shit.

Calling the people who voted for Brexit thick is really unhelpful. My girlfriend is from Grays in Essex which is extremely poor and statistically the unhappiest place in the UK and voted overwhelmingly for Brexit. Not because everyone from there is thick, but they feel they've been left behind by Labour and the Tories. In the run up to the Brexit vote UKIP opened like a tea shop there where people could come in have a cuppa and a chat and for many of them, older ones particularly, it felt like the only party that was actually listening to them.
do they still think Brexit is a good idea?

The side of sensibleness??

the EU?

The Troika lads?

It's only the idea that I'd rather we have some kind of union over more literal war that keeps me thinking maybe Brexit isn't a good idea.

I actually think Labour has been doing a bit better in opposition lately. The strategy against brexit currently in there parliament I think is to try and force a cancellation of it by sheer opposition to and lack of support for Theresa Mays deal. Basically by forcing a choice between either no brexit at all or a crash out. This approach could appease both sides of the brexit argument that is it is not brexit itself that was the problem but the Torys "failure to deliver" it. I wouldn't mind seeing a Labour government in power in Westminster but I think they will need a different member from J Corbyn as the leader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back