BREXIT (4 Viewers)

I like what Corbyn is saying here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and here for that matter

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean, pushing the country into a 50/50 for all time political split mirroring the USA isn't something people should want but that's the way it's been going with the Brexit stuff, no? Surely there has to be a better way than that shirley?

How long does a general election take? Im pro corbyn but, god, more dragging it out. Woe is us.

Dunno, a couple of months? 10 weeks? Not enough time to settle it before March 29. I’d assume if an election was called article 50 would need to be extended. This is me just guessing though.

Its pretty surreal that Mays own party are in a position where they are playing the role of opposition politicians and scurrying down every rat hole available when the concept of actually trying to deal with it is waved in front of them. I still think May isn't trying to win here, she's just trying to pull people down off balloons so they can actually think about things.

And I thought the US government was a joke.

I still think we have the edge in comedic value, although both parties keep upping the ante...

Dw_H1ahWwAUJ8bo.jpg

Corbyn is pro-brexit though. He's more deluded than May.
I mean, whether people like it or not, there was a referendum. Can he really turn around and say “right, we’re not doing it, shouldn’t have happened, youse are too thick to make decisions of that scale”? That’s on Cameron and the Tories, not Corbyn. He needs to be seen to make a go of it, customs union etc, and if it doesn’t work then revoke or hold another referendum. No leader in their right mind would just revoke. There would literally be fighting in the streets if that happened.

I mean, whether people like it or not, there was a referendum. Can he really turn around and say “right, we’re not doing it, shouldn’t have happened, youse are too thick to make decisions of that scale”? That’s on Cameron and the Tories, not Corbyn. He needs to be seen to make a go of it, customs union etc, and if it doesn’t work then revoke or hold another referendum. No leader in their right mind would just revoke. There would literally be fighting in the streets if that happened.

He can't and won't just revoke. But he need to grow a pair of balls and start some kind of process that will lead to a 2nd referendum which will, almost certainly, be a resounding win for Remain.

Being in opposition during the current shitshow should be the easiest job in the world. He's made a bollix of it. He doesn't even acknowledge the growing support for remain, including (probably) the vast majority of his own party.

Fighting in the streets is kind of inevitable at this point. At least we might get some good punk tunes out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back