BREXIT (20 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can't be the only person who finds this childish baying and calling from the bench complete schoolboy stuff? Like granted nobody likes her and it's a political embarrassment but they still just sound like whooping apes to me.

I can't be the only person who finds this childish baying and calling from the bench complete schoolboy stuff? Like granted nobody likes her and it's a political embarrassment but they still just sound like whooping apes to me.

It is complete schoolboy stuff. The Boris, Rees Mog, Cameron and about 90% of the butt(head)s on those seats are the product of the wonderful British Public School system (private, fee paying, schools for the mentally underprivileged, inbred, rich) which have changed very little since the days of Tom Brown's School Days and create a breed of eternal boy-man that is incapable of mature thought or action. That's how Britain ended up in this bloody mess in the first place... because they are playing games, they don't actually take anything seriously, it's Lord of the Flies stuff.

They are overgrown schoolboys who never learned to meaningfully interact with people on a "grown-up" level... with more money than sense and enough to make sure that they're alright no matter what.

Last edited:
An Irish mate living in England says all the mainstream radio talk show hosts and the people who call in to them* are fully behind Johnson. Which I find incredible.

* I know, I know.

It's pretty spot-on though. How they tolerate him is beyond me. I'd like to think if there was someone like him over here, he'd have been called out on his bullshit years ago.

British politics is fucked. Britain is fucked.

You mean someone not like the Healey-Raes, Michael Lowry, Bertie Ahern etc etc?

Was Bertie as bad as the others? The Healy-Raes have dangerous policies and ideologies and are basically incompetant. Lowry is an out and out criminal. Bertie's own corruption is obviously amplified by the fact he was leader but as a leader I would say he was far better than either Haughey or Cowan if I may damn him with faint praise.

Was Bertie as bad as the others? The Healy-Raes have dangerous policies and ideologies and are basically incompetant. Lowry is an out and out criminal. Bertie's own corruption is obviously amplified by the fact he was leader but as a leader I would say he was far better than either Haughey or Cowan if I may damn him with faint praise.

His blatant lies to the Mahon tribunal would have him in the same boat aye. Out and out criminal as you put it. You can ad Haughey and Cowan to the list of politicians comparable to Boris too if ya like.

Random google pull as a reminder of Bertie's attempt to ruin the country:

Gambling, lies, whip-arounds and the Teflon Taoiseach: how the world read Mahon

I consider him the worst of all them and we were lucky it was a global boom at the time. He was power at all costs and in another economy he'd have gulags popping up all over the place if thats what got him the job and kept him in it. It just looks better because he'd the media monopolised and the top oiled out of caring.

He's being interviewed by David Davin-Power down here for the Arts Festival. Can't quite believe it. His continuing rehabilitation is baffling and depressing.

Edit: Although I thought his third term as Taoiseach wasn't going to happen. What do I know.

An Irish mate living in England says all the mainstream radio talk show hosts and the people who call in to them* are fully behind Johnson. Which I find incredible.

* I know, I know.

He's a man. If there is one thing that is very much ingrained in the British Psyche it is this...

He's a man. If there is one thing that is very much ingrained in the British Psyche it is this...

So putting Theresa May down and undermining her makes him a hero

Bertie, yeah. The other 2 I'd liken more to that Rees-Mogg wanker in the sense that he can tell his lies, and be as corrupt as can be, but because he's not in any real position of power (relatively), the amount of damage he can cause is limited.

Bertie did what he did, got away with it for as long as he got away with it, but it ultimately caught up with him and his party (and his reputation) was destroyed.

Johnston is still doing what he's doing and there's no end in sight to it.

Bertie, yeah. The other 2 I'd liken more to that Rees-Mogg wanker in the sense that he can tell his lies, and be as corrupt as can be, but because he's not in any real position of power (relatively), the amount of damage he can cause is limited.

Bertie did what he did, got away with it for as long as he got away with it, but it ultimately caught up with him and his party (and his reputation) was destroyed.

Johnston is still doing what he's doing and there's no end in sight to it.

I'd disagree on his reputation being destroyed, lots of people still think he's a hero and his party share power with FG right now so they're hardly destroyed. Says a lot about the Irish psyche when there's people on here defending criminally corrupt Irish politicians against their British counterparts.. :D

I'd disagree on his reputation being destroyed, lots of people still think he's a hero and his party share power with FG right now so they're hardly destroyed. Says a lot about the Irish psyche when there's people on here defending criminally corrupt Irish politicians against their British counterparts.. :D
who was doing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back