BREXIT (3 Viewers)

Ah im working off received wisdom and half read things, I think it's all highly regulated and messed around with legalese, I'm probably off with that precise term.

Taking part in industrial action and strikes

Taking part in industrial action - your rights
If you’re a trade union member, you have the right to vote before your union asks you to take industrial action. You don’t have to take part in industrial action and can’t be disciplined by your union if you don’t.

If you do get excluded or expelled from your union, you can complain to an employment tribunal.

Secondary action
It’s against the law to take part in ‘secondary action’ (going on strike in sympathy with people who work for a different employer).

I imagine they have some craic with this by layering differently named companies with the same postal address

Hmm, interesting. I've plenty to complain about. And anyway, fuckem', they can't sack us all. Maybe pre-brexit they could have, but look where they are now.

I spent a while over the last few days with a new housemate chatting. I've just watched him leave.

Apparently there's a "please fuck off" scheme that they've created here for EU citizens. My man is getting his expired passport sorted out, plane tickets home, and a debit card with £1500 on it. And now he is gone.

He doesn't know the time of his flight yet, he doesn't even know which airport he's flying from. They haven't told him yet.

He's Swedish, so £1500 doesn't go a long way, but for a Bulgarian for example....
Jees, I'd have thought they'd be keeping the Swedes tbh
Obviously getting rid of the Bulgarians tho

This seems like the "asking nicely" phase of Project Children Of Men

Everybody I talked to in London this weekend was anti brexit. It just kinda came up after a minute of talking

Its effin stupid innit mate

Drive 40 minutes outside London and they're singing a different tune

On Sunday I'm getting the ferry to the UK to spend a week in the Cotswolds.

I have informed herself that we're headed deep into Tory voting Brexit land.

I am half expecting someone to make a comment about me "doing our driveway."

On Sunday I'm getting the ferry to the UK to spend a week in the Cotswolds.

I have informed herself that we're headed deep into Tory voting Brexit land.

I am half expecting someone to make a comment about me "doing our driveway."

Oh man. I'd love to be asking them James O'Brien style questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back