BREXIT (6 Viewers)

she really is one thick cunt

theres this too

don't get me wrong, I find the britain implosion hilarious, but fuckin hell, how is this shit allowed to keep happening without anyone even trying to stop it

gNSoc-SQmMfwKfejbuvDLntsQHbqNrYKwvno4l2_zt0.jpg

Nuclear winter here we come

gNSoc-SQmMfwKfejbuvDLntsQHbqNrYKwvno4l2_zt0.jpg

Nuclear winter here we come
Jesus.

I'm not sure who said this, but someone here (?) said something along the lines of Liz Truss is the result of what happens when a person gets really into the Student's Union for no specific reason other than really getting into the Student's Union, and then never actually moves on from this.

She's a vacuum. Say what you want about Boris Johnson, but you can't take from him that he's at least a cunt of many dimensions.

These guys know to run from the right and govern from the centre
In this case her audience is the Tory right and she will govern from the Tory centre

Hopefully the article 16 thing is just posturing
Things ar efucked up enough up north as it is

These guys know to run from the right and govern from the centre
In this case her audience is the Tory right and she will govern from the Tory centre

Hopefully the article 16 thing is just posturing
Things ar efucked up enough up north as it is
Yeah I'd agree with that, this is all Tory posturing to win their little horse race.

I could see her calling a general election though.

Bearing in mind that the Tory centre is now considerably further to the right of Thatcher.

Edit: at least on issues like corporation tax and the EU. I suppose it's hard to compare.

Last edited:
Jesus.

I'm not sure who said this, but someone here (?) said something along the lines of Liz Truss is the result of what happens when a person gets really into the Student's Union for no specific reason other than really getting into the Student's Union, and then never actually moves on from this.

She's a vacuum. Say what you want about Boris Johnson, but you can't take from him that he's at least a cunt of many dimensions.

Well holy shit, I think that person was me. I am flattered sir.

I'm worried about getting this £400 energy thing before I have to sign off on the old flat. All bills included where I currently am, but I am still technically paying the bills on the old place. Well no, not technically, I am.

Anyway, she's a nutter. She couldn't handle a general strike, which I think is coming and I think I'd be obliged to partake in it. That'll be a new experience.

I spent a while over the last few days with a new housemate chatting. I've just watched him leave.

Apparently there's a "please fuck off" scheme that they've created here for EU citizens. My man is getting his expired passport sorted out, plane tickets home, and a debit card with £1500 on it. And now he is gone.

He doesn't know the time of his flight yet, he doesn't even know which airport he's flying from. They haven't told him yet.

He's Swedish, so £1500 doesn't go a long way, but for a Bulgarian for example....

Well holy shit, I think that person was me. I am flattered sir.

I'm worried about getting this £400 energy thing before I have to sign off on the old flat. All bills included where I currently am, but I am still technically paying the bills on the old place. Well no, not technically, I am.

Anyway, she's a nutter. She couldn't handle a general strike, which I think is coming and I think I'd be obliged to partake in it. That'll be a new experience.
I'm up for a general strike, and maybe a good old hanging of a tory mp or a media oligarch while we're at it.

I'm up for a general strike, and maybe a good old hanging of a tory mp or a media oligarch while we're at it.

Chatting to a very red mate the other day, he was sure that there is a strike fund that would support such a strike. I'm not so sure.

But I am unionised. It's never meant nothing other than cheap public liability insurance until now.

But if there is a strike fund, my lot will be there, and you don't want to upset my lot.

Chatting to a very red mate the other day, he was sure that there is a strike fund that would support such a strike. I'm not so sure.

But I am unionised. It's never meant nothing other than cheap public liability insurance until now.

But if there is a strike fund, my lot will be there, and you don't want to upset my lot.
So what's the deal with a general strike legally speaking? Solidarity striking is illegal since Thatcher, right? So you'd be striking for better conditions in your work?

So what's the deal with a general strike legally speaking? Solidarity striking is illegal since Thatcher, right? So you'd be striking for better conditions in your work?
You know what, I'm not sure. I think it's a sort of "it's all totally fucked so fuck you all".

I didn't think solidarity striking was illegal, I'll check that now.

You know what, I'm not sure. I think it's a sort of "it's all totally fucked so fuck you all".

I didn't think solidarity striking was illegal, I'll check that now.
Ah im working off received wisdom and half read things, I think it's all highly regulated and messed around with legalese, I'm probably off with that precise term.

Taking part in industrial action and strikes

Taking part in industrial action - your rights
If you’re a trade union member, you have the right to vote before your union asks you to take industrial action. You don’t have to take part in industrial action and can’t be disciplined by your union if you don’t.

If you do get excluded or expelled from your union, you can complain to an employment tribunal.

Secondary action
It’s against the law to take part in ‘secondary action’ (going on strike in sympathy with people who work for a different employer).

I imagine they have some craic with this by layering differently named companies with the same postal address

Even if it isn't, have they passed that anti-protest if it's disruptive bill?

Picketing might be deemed illegal.
I suppose it's like the abortion stuff in the US, Richard Madely will have steam coming out his ears but people might have to.... break the law 😱

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back