BREXIT (25 Viewers)

"Because Britain’s infantile, fatuous government is busily offending the EU as fast and hard as it can, which will lead to sanctions. That supply shock Britain’s already suffering will explode. The lights will go off — and then the chaos will really begin"

the language in that is a bit wilfully alarmist, but that doesn't mean he's wrong i suspect.
i made a joke about fuel shortages in our team meeting on thursday and one of the english guys interjected with 'ah, it's not that bad, blown out of proportion by the media' but three others said no, it's bad; one had been lucky enough to get the last fill in the station before it hit its minimum storage limit (i think she said 2000l has to be retained for emergency services) and one of the others had not been able to find a filling station; they all live around newbury/bracknell/reading area.

I mail ordered some records from England on September 21 but since then I ordered records from Belgium, France, Poland and Italy. All arrived quickly except the no sign of the English LP's yet.
not the first time UK postage service has been very slow this year either.

Couldn't finish that article.

I had a thing at work where they said "The truck will be here by three". It was decided at about twenty past four that the truck wasn't coming. So we all just went home. Btw, this is in the AM.

I made a comment along the lines of "You can't get good crew, you can't get reliable truck drivers, you can't can't get fuel. Hope you're enjoying your brexit you pricks". All the Europeans in the group liked it, but it didn't go down well with the Sasanaí.

20 minutes later I'm sitting on the night bus, driving past the place I'd just left. And what did I see but a big truck and a confused looking truck driver. Fuck em.

Oh come on. The EU is not going to start sanctioning the UK because they're "offended".

yeah that angle in particular seemed a bit overdone, but generally it’s going to be a very grim winter in britain. and beyond that, the next couple of years don’t seem to have any real good news on the horizon for them. the french in particular would be perfectly happy if the island of britain just sank into the ocean at this point.

I am doing an angrys now. It's all well and good talking to you lot, but it's so hard explaining basics over here. FUCKING basics.
Time to get off Thumped and then metal.

edit Kate Tempest

They're basically trying to say 'fuck the EU' without giving any reason as to why
so is the EU annoyed that they are taking the piss, or annoyed that they are doing shitty things.

Now the EU seems to be saying don't worry about 50% of the meat and some other stuff imported into NI. So basically Britain could launder stuff into the EU via NI -> Ireland if they wanted to.

But Britain doesn't export much so who cares? Now France is grumpy for some reason.

I guess... is this just general cock wagging going on here, or is this actually shit for Ireland? I'm not seeing how it's shit for Ireland is my point. Is it ok to not really give a fuck about what the Brits are up to?

Like I don't think I care, as long as they don't knacker up Ireland. Annoying the DUP is obviously a plus in any arrangement too.

so is the EU annoyed that they are taking the piss, or annoyed that they are doing shitty things.

Now the EU seems to be saying don't worry about 50% of the meat and some other stuff imported into NI. So basically Britain could launder stuff into the EU via NI -> Ireland if they wanted to.

But Britain doesn't export much so who cares? Now France is grumpy for some reason.

I guess... is this just general cock wagging going on here, or is this actually shit for Ireland? I'm not seeing how it's shit for Ireland is my point. Is it ok to not really give a fuck about what the Brits are up to?

Like I don't think I care, as long as they don't knacker up Ireland. Annoying the DUP is obviously a plus in any arrangement too.
the EU seems to be trying to be the grown-up in the room.

They have extended, what seems to be, a generous offer which should address a lot of the previous complaints, but now Frosty has pulled some other gripe out of his arse.

You get the impression that he has so many gripes to pull out of his arse on a whim that the fucker is set on being a contrary cunt.

Do we know what his new proposal is?

I would have thought it was something to get the Unionists on his side rather than the opposite?

the UK is desperately trying to goad the EU into overreacting in some way, so that they can blame everything on brussels, yet again. same old routine.

the EU, I can imagine, is well aware that there is an election that has to happen by next may in Northern Ireland, where it seems fairly likely that sinn fein will become the biggest party for the first time, which will certainly change the mood of negotiations around the northern ireland protocol, and most likely also change plenty of the facts. So I can imagine a strategic decision being made by the EU side to allow the UK to do its teenage strop routine for another eight months or so, and then reassess after the election.

The UK, in turn, knows this, and is trying to raise the pressure now while they still can, hoping that they can get a rise out of macron in particular (who also has an election coming up next year and would dearly love to turn off the power to the channel islands or some other similar stunt).

and the Irish government is left stuck in the middle of it, softly swearing at themselves for ever believing anything the british ever told them, but prioritising an open border over everything else.

the UK is desperately trying to goad the EU into overreacting in some way, so that they can blame everything on brussels, yet again. same old routine.

the EU, I can imagine, is well aware that there is an election that has to happen by next may in Northern Ireland, where it seems fairly likely that sinn fein will become the biggest party for the first time, which will certainly change the mood of negotiations around the northern ireland protocol, and most likely also change plenty of the facts. So I can imagine a strategic decision being made by the EU side to allow the UK to do its teenage strop routine for another eight months or so, and then reassess after the election.

The UK, in turn, knows this, and is trying to raise the pressure now while they still can, hoping that they can get a rise out of macron in particular (who also has an election coming up next year and would dearly love to turn off the power to the channel islands or some other similar stunt).

and the Irish government is left stuck in the middle of it, softly swearing at themselves for ever believing anything the british ever told them, but prioritising an open border over everything else.
coKpsY4.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back