BREXIT (2 Viewers)

I've worked in Dartford for years, on and off. It's very difficult for me to describe it without slagging it off. Em, the river is nice, smells like the sea. The bridge is impressive, I guess? There's an emu farm between Slade Green and Crayford that you can see from the train.

Basically for those of you who've never had the pleasure, it's like Ballymun or Finglas but with lots more (low paying) jobs, more racism, more horses, more obesity, less education, equivalent heroin problem, worse alcohol problems, better roads, good bread from local bakeries.

It is, yes, toryland full of chavvy types who think that because they can afford cocaine and Air Max, they've made it. Working class tories, ugh....

All the pubs I've been to have been pretty mediocre though.

Is Mick a Brexiteer? I can't tell from these lyrics...

Lost, lost, lost, lost

I went to see England, but England's lost

And everyone said we were all ripped off
I went to see England, but England lost
Lost, lost, lost
It wasn't much fun standin' in the rain
And we all yelled loud and we all complained
Wasn't much of a game
I got soaked
Didn't look home anyway

I went in the back, but they said, "Piss off"
I went to see England, but England
I went to see
I went
I

I lost a blunt, think I lost the pint
She can go home and smoke a joint, anyway
Do you wanna go?
I went to find England, it wasn't there
I went to find England, it wasn't there
I think I lost it in the back of my chair
I think I'm losing my imagination
I'm tired of talking about immigration
You can't get in and you can't get out
I guess that's what we're all about

True, preach
It's a déjà vu, I've seen it all before
Different season, same score
Everybody wants your head on a spike
But they were singin' your praises a day before
No new faces allowed in
They said it's gettin' overcrowded
They're still fightin' over houses
So I just pick it up, put it down and leave it where I found it
Feel like Macaulay Culkin, I'm home alone
Come to my window and throw a stone
Because I never wanna talk on the phone
Same problems, growin' up in the danger zone
Nothing's changed, same story
Same dirty stains on your dirty laundry
Keep it in the streets, doin' all the work
And the men in the suits takin' all the coin

I went to find England, but
I went to find England, but England's lost

Lost, lost, lost, lost
Lost, lost, lost, lost

Had a girl in Lisbon, a girl in Rome
Now I'll have to stay at home
So lock the shallows, bolt the doors
Nothing's gonna be like Singapore
Don't know what's home
Lost, lost, lost, lost
They didn't turn up, the comments complain
No real person is matching their shame
They're much too young and much too hold
Growing much too hot and much too cold
That's what I thought

I went to find England
I went to find England
I went to find England
I went to find England, but England's lost

I see some Tory dinosaur has an article in the Telegraph today opining about the far-left politics of one Adolf Hitler. Love that one.

His Spitting Image puppet though..
C5tVD4wWMAAOFnU.jpg

Wow!

Looking forward to Keir Starmer's definite win and not being totally hammered in the next election now that the the antisemitic problems have been resolved. I'm sure this will be considered enough.

Well Corbyn as the labour oppostion leader basically had the same political ambition as the current Tory leader and despite nearly forty years as a member of parliament apparently not much of an idea about the importance of UK's EU membership. The structure of oppositional government can only work if at least one side is functioning.

Very interesting point. It's a point I've heard expressed, in varying degrees of clumsiness, by tories and non-tories alike. So, people are aware of the problem but no one knows how to formulate it into something useful.

That's British politics though, innih' mate?

The anti-semitism in the Labour Party is very suspect imo. Don't want to say much more than that, without some heavy qualifications.

I have found anti-semitism to be a very broad church in this country. It's very discreet, but it's there. Maybe it's because of my line of work that I see it more.

Why should anyone who criticises Corbyn be a Tory ? This is a problem actually it's impossible for his supporters to accept any criticism when actually there are many who would say he lead a very weak and ineffective oppostion and not because they read the UK tabloids or support the Tory party or have any bias against labour for the sake of it but It's impossible to even say that. This is why his supporters will have to grumble on about anti-Semitism which is a real and ligimate complaint of course and a very dirty trick but still it's not the whole picture. There isn't a single reason in world for me to give a shit about labour or any other UK political party for that matter by the way.

Why should anyone who criticises Corbyn be a Tory ? This is a problem actually it's impossible for his supporters to accept any criticism when actually there are many who would say he lead a very weak and ineffective oppostion and not because they read the UK tabloids or support the Tory party or have any bias against labour for the sake of it but It's impossible to even say that. This is why his supporters will have to grumble on about anti-Semitism which is a real and ligimate complaint of course and a very dirty trick but still it's not the whole picture. There isn't a single reason in world for me to give a shit about labour or any other UK political party for that matter by the way.
blah blah, he lost, you won. Stop being such a sore winner and enjoy Keir Starmer. Corbyn isn't coming back so it's time for the people who said he was useless and antisemitic and in the IRA to present something that will win them an election.

Boris Johnson is a well documented bigot (in his own writing) and was rarely called out on it.
he has made antisemitic comments in his writing and the media know this.

this was already posted on thumped a few weeks ago, but it's very relevant here:
former Brexiteer and Telegraph political editor Peter Oborne on Corbyn's
treatment by the media.
nowadays Oborne is a strong critic of dishonest journalism and agenda driven media.

The killing of Jeremy Corbyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back