BREXIT (2 Viewers)

ann post

Supporter
Threads
Its worth bearing in mind that outside the insular clusterfuck of london, a lot of this shit is making page 2 of the european broadsheets. beeb/guardian/mail are not the view from outside. About 1 story a week might be in USA today. They kinda got bored of the drama at the last fake brexit.

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
So explain it to me, i'm not sure I follow::

One and two

mean nothing,

Third, it provides for the potential creation of an all-island regulatory zone on the island of Ireland

Fourth, this regulatory zone must depend on the consent of those affected by it.

this just means the north stays in Europe until it votes to leave? The "All Ireland Regulatory Zone" is a subset of the European regulatory zone.

Fifth, and finally, under these arrangements Northern Ireland will be fully part of the UK customs territory, not the EU Customs Union, after the end of the transition period.

and this just means the North stays in Europe but tells everyone it's not in Europe when it suits?

I mean, the DUP have signed on to it - if demographics continue as they are the north will never leave the EU? I'm not being sarky here, am I correct in this reading?

Last edited:

hydromancer

Threads
Who knows or even cares the UK government should be considered a de facto non entity at this point it would probably itself only agree since it is willing to declare it's own parliament deceased.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Previous thread
Next thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads