Breaking Bad - online? - SPOILERS (3 Viewers)

Skyler was preggo with Walt JR, he couldn't gamble hanging around on a start up that mightn't go anywhere so had to bow out. He missed the gravy train really, and I guess thought they should have come back to him once they'd made millions.

All solved by a machine gun mounted in a boot. He's a chemist, not an engineer.

This is not far fetched at all, chemistry isn't just knowing where electrons go in a bond; a lot of my time is spent soldering and putting bits of electronics together. I'm sure Walt had to become fairly handy working with all those different machines in the meth lab, it's not as if he could ring up for a man to come out and fix any problems.

Hmm, I think I remember him lying and using Grey Matter to explain where the money came from, didn't he?
He said he was taking it (to Skyler) but was using the meth money. It was still pride though because he was pissed off about them offering. I'm going to need to go back because I think there was ill will there. Not that he just lost out before they got big but it was based on something the did or created. That's why when he said, 'he only gave the name' White/Swartz (black) mixed it pushed him over the edge.

post-28648-Breaking-Bad-Spoiler-car-meme-MKgm.jpeg

He said he was taking it (to Skyler) but was using the meth money. It was still pride though because he was pissed off about them offering. I'm going to need to go back because I think there was ill will there. Not that he just lost out before they got big but it was based on something the did or created. That's why when he said, 'he only gave the name' White/Swartz (black) mixed it pushed him over the edge.

pride is all well and good but this pride was completely wrapped up with what happened to his family. Bear in mind that he didn't care where the rest of the money was and he just kills Jack at the end. He knew his family had been taken care of at that point. Whether that was simply because he was shot or because enough money was enough money I don't know.

I'm wondering if a comparison can be made between Walter's pride in not taking the money from Grey Matter and Skyler's horror at the thought of taking his money. She was in pretty deep only a few months back to just accept at face value that it's all his fault because he said he did it for himself.

I'm wondering if a comparison can be made between Walter's pride in not taking the money from Grey Matter and Skyler's horror at the thought of taking his money. She was in pretty deep only a few months back to just accept at face value that it's all his fault because he said he did it for himself.

I think at first, despite being completely scared to death she could maybe accept (even though ass backwards) he was doing it for the family. People tend to rationalize when presented with something unfathomable. I think once he finally let her in instead of lying, she felt she was probably doing the same thing, covering it up for them. Also, I think she enjoyed it a bit. The whole car wash let her showcase her talents. She got sucked into that too. However, like Lydia she was not cut out for it. Once her family was threatened she couldn’t handle the paranoia and danger. I’m not saying she was blameless but because she felt that slip too, the breaking bad in herself, she knew deep down it was more about him and power than them. So being in her position, alone and broken, the last thing she wanted to hear was it was all for her. If it really were, he would have stopped much earlier when she pleaded with him and they’d be a family.

Can't say I disagree.

I guess the answer is moderation, especially when cooking and selling meth.

Didn't they push him out of the company some how? Take credit for his work? I can't remember now.

There was the conversation in the Season 2 episode 'Peekaboo', where he tells Gretchen "Fuck You". It's never really been expained why he walked out on her in her family's home on the 4th of Juy back in the day, as Gretchen mentioned. A lot of reviews of the final episode I've read have focused on the gray matter plotline never being fully explained or resolved. For me it seemed to be hinted at that it was in fact Walt's research that made them their millions or at least put them on the road to success. Though what the research was is also never really explained.

Last edited:
There was the conversation in the Season 2 episode 'Peekaboo', where he tells Gretchen "Fuck You". It's never really been expained why he walked out on her in her family's home on the 4th of Juy back in the day, as Gretchen mentioned. A lot of reviews of the final episode I've read have focused on the grey matter plotline never being fully explained or resolved. For me it seemed to be hinted at that it was in fact Walt's research that made them their millions or at least put them on the road to success. Though what the research was is also never really explained.

Yeah, that's what I remember. Deffo, ill will there.

There was the conversation in the Season 2 episode 'Peekaboo', where he tells Gretchen "Fuck You". It's never really been expained why he walked out on her in her family's home on the 4th of Juy back in the day, as Gretchen mentioned. A lot of reviews of the final episode I've read have focused on the gray matter plotline never being fully explained or resolved. For me it seemed to be hinted at that it was in fact Walt's research that made them their millions or at least put them on the road to success. Though what the research was is also never really explained.
Wasn't it also implied that Gretchen and Walt were once romantically involved? Of course Walt wouldn't want pity money from a lover who spurned him. Or did I totally make that up?

Really surprised by the amount of people pissed off by the implausible finale. You always have to assume that a lot of precise planning goes into one of his escapades and even then they're an unlikely or exaggerated version of reality. The show nearly lost me when they had him arrive at Jesse's apartment just in time to watch Jane choke on her own vomit and all that subsequent lark with air-traffic controllers/planes colliding just to provide a scenario in which he can rationalise an enormous amount of guilt. Last night was very small fry in terms of suspension of disbelief compared to that and other moments in seasons past. Last night was classic Breaking Bad if you ask me.

And for those saying it was predictable, I personally envisaged a much grimmer ending where pretty much all the main characters got it in the end. But darker isn't always more realistic. I certainly wasn't feeling smug today and I'm all the happier for that.

A few of my co-workers could probably do with emulating that chap.

What was he like to work with?

Brilliant. Could drink and do drugs all night and then head off to work. Not a bother on him. Fucker would be whistling.

I could not even begin to keep up with that shit.

I loved it. Classic Western ending. Nothing wrong with a totally stylised ending in what was a homage nerd-fest (and I mean that in the best possible sense) from the get-go. There were definitely holes in it (would he even have a number for Skinny Pete and Badger for instance? and check the boot lads), but fucking hell, machine-gunning nazis McGyver style is OK with me.
I don't agree that the final nod with Jessie was a 'we're even' gesture, more the best of 'see you in hell' last look either could stomach.

I wonder what Jesse will do in his new life? Presumably he'll be a total basket case.
He's going to woodwork, bitch!

I loved the show, but the idea that it's up there with the Wire and Sopranos in laughable.

The idea of a comparison at all is laughable. You wouldn't compare poetry to non-fiction, but it's all words. Personally, I enjoyed Breaking Bad over all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back