Breaking Bad - online? - SPOILERS (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't dispute the feasibility of building such a device but the chances of it actually working the way it did were astronomical. Walt didn't know the layout of the compound. He had no reason to assume all the Nazis would be in the same room. How would he even have known what building to park the car beside and how to orient it? Ok, maybe he had been there before (I can't really remember) but even so .. as Gaz said .... way too many variables. Killing Gus was plausible, dramatic and exciting. I thought the thing last night was just dumb and a really lazy way of figuring out how to resolve a plot situation.

Also, apart from that, there was nothing particularly surprising about last night. Using the Ricin to kill Lydia. Big deal. We all saw that coming. Rescuing Jesse. Jesse getting to kill Todd. Ditto. I agree with the above comment that the real climax of the series was Hank's death. In fact now that I think about it, the only surprising thing was how neatly and predictably resolved everything was.

Breaking Bad - I expected better from you ....

I didn't take Walt and Jesse saying they were straight. I took it as Jesse still saying fuck you to him. He wasn't going to do his dirty work again. If he wanted to die, he had to do it himself. I think he left knowing he got him too, in a much better way. He was shot and going to suffer or be caught. Walt may have been apologising but Jesse wasn't accepting in my eyes. Even if he did set him free and take a bullet.

Just because a guy is a chemist doesn't mean the dude is not capable in other ways. If you wee able to accept everything else through out the seasons, you should be able to stomach this too. As for Skyler, it might have started to be for her and his family but it was always about his ego from the get go.

I hate to pick holes ...

BUT

How did Walt contaminate the right packet of sweetener? He'd have to know what table Lydia was going to sit at.

Same table she always sits at. And she used the only sweetener of her kind that was on that table.

Then he had to hang around to ensure she used it.

I hate to pick holes ...

BUT

How did Walt contaminate the right packet of sweetener? He'd have to know what table Lydia was going to sit at.

he knew she always sat at the same table, and always had to ask for the stevia as it was never in the container. that was the first time she ever found a packet in the container

What happens to her kid? Lydia had a child right? I haven't rewatched any seasons so my memory is a bit hazy

He totally died on his own terms. Yes he had alienated his family but he got to say goodbye AND he did for all the "bad guys". He didn't deserve any of that.

I just remember the most annoying part of the episode: Walt goading Jack into bringing out Jessie. It was like those Back To The Future scenes where Biff gets called a chicken. That whole 'you calling me a liar' bit. Why would Jack give a flying fuck what Walt thought?

Because he's an idiot just like all wannabe nazis..

I wouldn't dispute the feasibility of building such a device but the chances of it actually working the way it did were astronomical. Walt didn't know the layout of the compound. He had no reason to assume all the Nazis would be in the same room. How would he even have known what building to park the car beside and how to orient it?

Come to think of it, didn't we see him assembling the machine gun turrent out in the desert, I assumed he was overlooking the compound and studying it. Would have been easy enough to do. Plus, when he asked Todd could he meet them at the compound, he didn't get directions, so he well knew where it was, and had probably been there before.
Taking them all out was probably luck, I'd imagine his intent was just to get Jack, anyone else was a bonus.

What about him taking off the watch and leaving it on the phone? What was that about?

He had to take off the watch for continuity purposes.

At the start of the season when we see him go back to the house in the very first scene..he's not wearing a watch.

Plus Jesse got him that watch..so he was'nt into keeping it for whatever reason

I wouldn't dispute the feasibility of building such a device but the chances of it actually working the way it did were astronomical. Walt didn't know the layout of the compound. He had no reason to assume all the Nazis would be in the same room. How would he even have known what building to park the car beside and how to orient it? Ok, maybe he had been there before (I can't really remember) but even so .. as Gaz said .... way too many variables. Killing Gus was plausible, dramatic and exciting. I thought the thing last night was just dumb and a really lazy way of figuring out how to resolve a plot situation.

Also, apart from that, there was nothing particularly surprising about last night. Using the Ricin to kill Lydia. Big deal. We all saw that coming. Rescuing Jesse. Jesse getting to kill Todd. Ditto. I agree with the above comment that the real climax of the series was Hank's death. In fact now that I think about it, the only surprising thing was how neatly and predictably resolved everything was.

He's been at the compound and clubhouse before.

He met with them when he asked them to kill Pinkman and they demanded he cook in return.

He knew the size of the room and that they would likely all be in there as they had been before.

Assembling that yoke is a hobbyist's skill level. Walt is a Phd that can build entire labs with centrifuges and all that lark.

Where did he get his hands on an automatic weapon then?

They only sell semi automatics in 'merica.

It's true though. They had more than enough money and he kept going. He could have stopped long before but he didn't. They could have ended up together and happy if his ego and stubbornness wasn't in the way. It was the same with him not taking Grey Matter money for the cancer treatment. Pride is all well and good but it often is the downfall when there are ridiculous standards set only by the person not their peers. Marie took Walt's money to help Hank. Had Walt said he did it all for them, I would have wanted her to pick up a knife and stab him. I would have.

What was Walt's reasoning for not taking the Grey Matter money in the first place? I know it was 'pride' but how did he say it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back