Breaking Bad - online? - SPOILERS (1 Viewer)

Gorgeous though.
Attractive people shouldn't suffer the same fate as the plain and ugly.

she was a hot monster

Titus+Lavinia.png

Loved it! Last thing I expected was for Walt to die with a smile on his face having achieved, really, what he set out to do in the very first episode, provide for his family after he was gone.

The nazis had, what, 70 millions bucks to spend? Thought they might have souped the compound up a little.

What next for Jessie? Did he blow all his money, or has he still a stash somewhere?

Gun in the boot thing was ludicrous. Surely they could have done better than that.

Loved it. Thought the final scene may have been a wee bit rushed though. The keys might have stayed on the pool table a wee bit longer. But that's a minor criticism.

The entire crux of the whole show was Walts admission that he did it for himself and that he enjoyed it. Everything after that was fine revenge story stuff, where there's a plan and there's tension and all the usual stuff yadda yadda.

Best mid life crisis ever.

The entire crux of the whole show was Walts admission that he did it for himself and that he enjoyed it.
Nothing is more frustrating than someone saying they are doing something for you when you know they aren't. I think the relief in Skyler's expression was brilliant. Well acted scene.

I read this the other way: he was basically telling Skyler what she wanted and needed to hear; it was just another thing he was doing for his family.

although he probably did enjoy it, becoming kingpin has got to be fun. and the whole 'feeling alive' yadda yadda rings true

I read this the other way: he was basically telling Skyler what she wanted and needed to hear; it was just another thing he was doing for his family.

although he probably did enjoy it, becoming kingpin has got to be fun.
For me it starts with the scene in which he stamps on the calf/knee of the douchebag who belittles his son. After he does that he goes home and fucks his wife, seemingly for the first time. From then on he's invigorated by his ability to do the "wrong" thing.

Being a badass is good for you, that's the message here.

I think Gilligan himself said that the episode where Hank bought the farm was the finest hour of breaking bad. He wasn't wrong. 18 minutes to go and there was still WAY to much to cover. All solved by a machine gun mounted in a boot. He's a chemist, not an engineer.

And Jessie getting approx the same amount of screen time as Todd and yer one? And that little nod at the end, as if to say "we're straight" was a bit much. Walt is responsible for the deaths of two women Jessie loved. I don't buy it. And I don't like that Walt got to die on his own terms. The scenes with Skylar and Holly, and watching Walt Jr. arrive home were the best bits of that episode. Heartbreaking stuff.

I loved the show, but the idea that it's up there with the Wire and Sopranos in laughable. I'm a big boy. I can take a somewhat open ending. There was no need to tie everything up like that.

I don't think he did get to die on his own terms though really. He may have realised his plan to take care of them financially, but he died knowing his family despised him. No amount of victory over villians and past demons could appease that.

Not sure about people complaining about the Maguyvering either, that's always been a big element of his behaviour. From blowing up Gus in the bomb rigged wheelchair to using live electrical wires to burn off his plastic handcuffes. Many of his biggest moments haven't relied on chemistry to solve. He used both skills to finalise everything.

that machine gun thing is the kind of thing you can make on youtube using stuff from radio shack, and you can probably get an m16 in tesco in the states. dont blame your technical incompetence on vince gilligan.

also i loved the laser pointer scene, the call to lidia and i was really wondering - when walt takes out jack, is that the first time we see walt actually directly shooting someone?

He totally died on his own terms. Yes he had alienated his family but he got to say goodbye AND he did for all the "bad guys". He didn't deserve any of that.

I just remember the most annoying part of the episode: Walt goading Jack into bringing out Jessie. It was like those Back To The Future scenes where Biff gets called a chicken. That whole 'you calling me a liar' bit. Why would Jack give a flying fuck what Walt thought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back