Boz Mugabe - DIVINE TURBULENCE Book Launch / TRAILS OF HELLION exhibition opening. (1 Viewer)

EGE YURTUM

Website
www.bozgallery.com
TOH-DTflyer.jpg

Saturday November 1st 2014 at White Lady Art 14 Wellington Quay, Dublin 2. 6-9pm.
DIVINE TURBULENCE ( BOZ MUGABE 2004-2014)
is the first major published collection of work by Irish artist / demonscrawler / visual disinformant Boz Mugabe. Although the oeuvre stretches a lot further back, this edition zooms in on the decade 2004-2014 and its focus is work on paper. The book's content is curated from the art of 20+ solo shows and includes a supporting preface of texts/interviews.
DIVINE TURBULENCE is also available to pre-order here

TRAILS OF HELLION
is an exhibition of new work by Boz Mugabe. This evolves cryptic narrative based on the themes of dystopia and transgression - It uses playful elements of nature and paranoia, fear of perceived parasites, ceremonial and initiation rites as central elements around which a psychological miasma is constructed.

In a former life Boz worked rabidly by candlelight on illicit and heretical codices, narrowly avoiding much deserved execution.

Facebook event page

www.bozgallery.com

TRAILS OF HELLION exhibition / DIVINE TURBULENCE book launch 1/11/2014

FAQs / SFFAQs / WTFFAQs

FAQ - When is your book launch?
A -
1st November, 6pm-9pm. You will remember this by your stinking halloween hangover when you’re standing in the cold a few hours beforehand with very many other people protesting the lack of spine of the gelatinous blob that is our government.

FAQ - What’s in the book?
A -
200 full colour pages of selected artwork from the last 10 years along with supportive text. And a superfluous ribbon bookmark. Because.

FAQ - Does it not have all your cartoon work and fanzine stuff?
A -
No. This would take a couple of thousand pages and be complete overkill and a very disjoint mismatch of content. Those other things may be considered for publication at some point in the future.

FAQ - Why is it full of swastikas?
A -
The book is full of many symbols, but this particular question is answered extensively in an interview near the beginning of the book.

FAQ - Why should I buy it?
A -
Because it will probably give you better nightmares than cheese before bedtime... and because you will be supporting a 100% independent publishing venture.

FAQ - Can I have a book for free?
A -
No.
FAQ - ...but I know you...
A - So do the other 10 people who will actually buy the book.
FAQ - ...Can I have a free t-shirt if I buy the book???...
A - No.
FAQ - ...I was going to buy another book for my brother as an xmas present... If I buy 2 can I have a free t-shirt then?
A - No, but if you pay my rent then you can have the lot for free.

FAQ - Are you having an exhibition too?
A -
Yes. There is also an exhibition of all new work from the last 12-13 months being launched the same night and this runs until the 27th of November... the gallery will be open every day from 12-7 for your leisurely access.

FAQ - Will there be free drink at the opening?
A -
Yes. There will be complimentary wine and a small assortment of other “refreshments” for your comfort and pleasure.

FAQ - I can’t get a babysitter, can I bring my kid(s) to the opening?
A -
Yes. We are partial to the blunt art criticism of kids. It tends to make more sense than the chinstroking spew anyone else has to offer. The gallery suggests that you bring them for the earlier part of the night when it is likely to be quieter ( and before the grown-ups become “tired and emotional” )... There may even be complimentary lollipops!

FAQ - Can I get this picture cheaper if I wait and buy it off you directly instead of through the gallery?
A -
No. Don’t even ask. Undercutting gallery prices may seem useful to you but it isn’t to the artist, the gallery or anyone else... it means these places won’t exist down the line... the work is alreadly painstakingly priced with affordability in mind. Some older work is available at www.bozgallery.com and this tends to be priced down marginally from current/recent exhibition work.

FAQ - Do you still have that picture that you posted on Facebook for sale?
A -
Which one?
FAQ ... the one with the weird yoke with the eyes...
A - That could be one of many... could you be more specific?
FAQ ... you should know, you drew it... you know the one....
A - I’m going to go and stand over here now.

FAQ - Can I get my book signed?
A -
Yes, of course.
FAQ ...will you write something?...
A - ...If you tell me what you want written... I’m not Hallmark...
FAQ ...will you draw a picture in it too?...
A - there’s already c.200 pictures in the book, that’s its purpose...
FAQ ...but this will be an original...
A - The walls are full of originals, and they’re available to buy...
FAQ ...you’re an awful arsehole...

FAQ - I don’t live in Ireland but I want to buy a piece, can you organise shipping?
A -
Yes, the gallery has extensive experience in the safe packaging and shipping of artwork internationally. Please note that with regard to this exhibition, larger pieces will be shipped flatpacked and unframed only... mixing glass and transit is bad news. Smaller pieces can be shipped framed. Please consult the gallery for specifics.

FAQ - What do these pictures mean?
A -
I’m working on that one - check back with me in 20 years or so for the makings of some drooling contradictory tirade or simply make your own sense out of them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back