Boxsets (1 Viewer)

what Pink Floyd boxsets are there?

Is that the 'Shine' thing?? which I think was all their albums and the 'lets make love in London' stuff?

Pink Floyd Discovery 16xCD
Pink Floyd Echoes - The Best Of Pink Floyd 4xLP
Pink Floyd Shine On 9xCD
Pink Floyd The Dark Side Of The Moon (Immersion) 3xCD+2xDVD+BD
Pink Floyd The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (40th Anniversary) 3xCD
Pink Floyd The Wall (Immersion) 6xCD+DVD
Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here (Immersion) 3xCD+DVD+BD

Pink Floyd Discovery 16xCD
Pink Floyd Echoes - The Best Of Pink Floyd 4xLP
Pink Floyd Shine On 9xCD
Pink Floyd The Dark Side Of The Moon (Immersion) 3xCD+2xDVD+BD
Pink Floyd The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (40th Anniversary) 3xCDhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0l3QWUXVho
Pink Floyd The Wall (Immersion) 6xCD+DVD
Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here (Immersion) 3xCD+DVD+BD

ok so I knew about most or all of these. But that 16 CD one? I must investigate further

Edit: Ok I knew about that one too

I got mine in one of those Amazon 24 hour sales.

I do have 2 different editions of Pulse. A US edition and a UK edition. I can't remember the difference except that one of them has a flashing light whereas the other one doesn't. Or maybe they both do but one of them has a replaceable battery and the other doesn't.

And I also have that fancy live 'The Wall' thing they put out.

not really box sets though but they do come in fancy boxes so I thought I'd mention them.

really?

The teacher wore a scarf I suppose. And the main animator was also Scarfe. So why not!

I haven't worn it. The other two immersion sets also have them. Bit of a gimmick really. Plus coasters.

Here's a photo of the Dark Side Of The Moon one.

025.jpg

Pink Floyd are fcukers for the gimmicky shite. I got Roger Waters limited edition CD single of 'What God Wants', complete with postcards. Who the fuck wants postcards?
Shaney ; you're needed here

What do you expect me to do about all this? I took my roger waters berlin 90 box to the charity shop, it should have gone in the bin.

Yes. The video in the box was a european video so it played in black and white here. We never had a video recorder in our house until after I was grown up and moved out so i only ever saw a bit of it one night in a friends house but i think we turned it off after not too long.

I wouldn't mind that Wall immersion box set although I'd never fork out the cash for it. I downloaded it and never listened to it. Is there a DVD of a 1980 performance of the wall in the immersion box? I had a dvd i got of yeeshkul years ago of the wall live. the picture quality wasn't great but it was still deadly. It made it more apparent to me just how ambitious they were with all that Wall stuff. Berlin took it way too far.

immersion? that word looks wrong. I must google it

ahh

The principal frustration for many is that the original (1980/81) concert footage is still largely unreleased
http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/albums/pink-floyd-the-wall-2012-immersion-box-set.html

POP AGITATORS THE RESIDENTS UNVEIL $100,000 FRIDGE-SIZED BOX SET

Vintage art-pop combo The Residents are toasting four decades of activity with a big – and we mean big – new box set. The Ultimate Box Set arrives in a – wait for it – 28 cubic foot fridge. It’s a completist’s dream, featuring original pressings of everything The Residents have ever released. After almost 40 years of prolific activity, there’s a lot of material in there: all of the band’s 50-odd albums, their many compilation LPs, plus a glut of video pieces, singles and live albums. The total number of goodies runs to well over 100 items. The band have also bunged in one of their famous giant eyeball masks.

Ten of the fridge sets have been produced, all of which will go on sale on Christmas Day via The Residents’ website. If that’s not sufficiently absurd, the band are also hawking a box containing a mystery item. The artefact inside the box will remain a secret unless somebody buys it. We ought to mention that the box is priced at $5m dollars.

A promotional trailer for the Ultimate Box Set is available below, courtesy of singer Randy. Fingers crossed we get sent a promo copy. [via Spin]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://www.factmag.com/2012/12/07/pop-agitators-the-residents-unveil-100000-fridge-sized-box-set/

Some that I have, not mentioned here yet:
Area: Live
Harry Smith Anthology
Magma: Zeuhl (?) it's the 10 CD set that came out a couple years ago anyway
Kate Bush: This Woman's Work
Pregnant Rainbows for Colourblind Dreamers (Swedish psych comp)
30 Years of Musical Insurrection in France
James Brown: Star Time
Gentle Giant: Scraping the Barrel
King Crimson: The Great Deceiver

Here's my non-alphabetical and As.

13th Floor Elevators Music Of The Spheres 8xLP+10"
13th Floor Elevators Sign Of The 3 Eyed Men 10xCD
13th Floor Elevators The Albums Collection 4xCD
6ths Wasps' Nests 4x7"
Abba The Complete Studio Recordings 9xCD+2xDVD
AC/DC Backtracks 3xCD+LP+DVD
AC/DC Bonfire 5xCD
AC/DC Plug Me In 3xDVD
AC/DC Ultimate Volts 3xCD
Adam And The Ants AntBox 3xCD
Aphex Twin Drukqs 4xLP
Art Of Noise And What Have You Done With My Body, God? 4xCD
Astley, Edwin Danger Man - 50 Minute Episodes Original Soundtrack 5xCD
Astley, Edwin Department S - OST 3xCD
Astley, Edwin Randall And Hopkirk Deceased - Original Soundtrack 3xCD
Astley, Edwin The Saint OST 4xCD
Astley, Edwin And Others The Champions - Original Soundtrack 3xCD
Ayers, Kevin Songs For Insane Times: An Anthology 1969 - 1980 4xCD
Ayler, Albert Holy Ghost 10xCD

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back