Boxsets (1 Viewer)

This is also on it. Love it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The guitarist was in elastica. Now an A&R man for rough trade.

I really must listen to the 2nd disc. I can't even get through a 2 CD set.

Never heard it before, fairly decent, pure 1996-1999 sound. I'd say I only know about half the bands on that compilation, never mind the songs.

You know what, I had no intention of getting that comp but it's pretty cheap, I think I just might!

Never heard it before, fairly decent, pure 1996-1999 sound. I'd say I only know about half the bands on that compilation, never mind the songs.

You know what, I had no intention of getting that comp but it's pretty cheap, I think I just might!

30 second preview clips on allmusic

Just remember the new VAT rules. Bastards

I accidentally bought the words., most expensive dog collar, because I didn't realise it was coming from Israel. The postage was really steep, but to top it off I got charged a fortune by customs too.

I think it cost me about 130 in the end.

They cost about 30 quid.

30 second preview clips on allmusic

Just thinking of some alsoran bands I liked myself in the late 90s who had some decent b-sides, they're not even on youtube nevermind spotify!

Absolutely!

Need to have a listening party with @Nate Champion

I'm game, haha.

Tupping through old Selects and NMEs from the mid to late 90s, and indiscriminately checking out all the indie bands that don't really fit in anywhere e.g never had any success bar maybe getting pumped for a "best new bands" live tour hmmm "Miller Brats" ahem comes to mind - we need a thread on THIS. Could be called Mid to late 90s Indie Also-rans Landfill thread. Some of it I like, some is utter tosh. I was listening to an album called 'Sublingual' by Cable last night. They were from Derby. Sort of smart pop-punk with a hint of Touch & Go Records type influence thing going on.

I'm game, haha.

Tupping through old Selects and NMEs from the mid to late 90s, and indiscriminately checking out all the indie bands that don't really fit in anywhere e.g never had any success bar maybe getting pumped for a "best new bands" live tour hmmm "Miller Brats" ahem comes to mind - we need a thread on THIS. Could be called Mid to late 90s Indie Also-rans Landfill thread. Some of it I like, some is utter tosh. I was listening to an album called 'Sublingual' by Cable last night. They were from Derby. Sort of smart pop-punk with a hint of Touch & Go Records type influence thing going on.
bands from the late 90s can be best judged by the last b-side on CD single number 2, off their third or fourth release from an album.

I went and bought this vdgg box anyway even after ordering myself not to. There's very little in it that I'm not already familiar with and the discs are all stored four-to-a-page in stupid booklet things in a dispiriting box with generic graphics instead of the original album covers. But the remasters sound deadly and the stereo remixes are probably an improvement on the originals (I can't listen to the 5.1 mixes). I'm rediscovering all this stuff again and finding new things I never noticed before.
:love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back