• Watchers 0

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the best way i've heard it phrased was 'chainsaws do not smell blood, they taste it'.
i was also quite amused to learn that chainsaws with advanced safety features are generally only sold to those in the trade. but you can still buy basic ones in lidl.

I've had it a year or more, not the cheapest I could find but close - I kinda regret not getting something posher on the second hand market. I'm only using it for pre-fallen trees, dont think i'll ever fell one tbh.

After about a few months a 16 inch bar seems annoyingly small but you have to start somewhere.

I also have a thing called a timber croc which if you are doing any volume at all is worth the money for the added safety.

i am certainly not in tree felling territory either, like you have just used it on already downed trees. was mainly bought to process wood for the lathe when necessary.

I've recently noticed there's a whole genre of walking around in the rain videos.

did a month or two of those before I got a chainsaw.

still a hilariously dangerous tool.
My brother was sent on one of those government "work" schemes. A load of guys were handed chainsaws and told to go and start cutting. No training, no instruction, just cut those trees.

My brother was sent on one of those government "work" schemes. A load of guys were handed chainsaws and told to go and start cutting. No training, no instruction, just cut those trees.

Holy fuck. And nobody had an 'accident' and made a claim?

The safety course for these things is 3 days so far as I remember.

Holy fuck. And nobody had an 'accident' and made a claim?

The safety course for these things is 3 days so far as I remember.
The foreman had "connections". He would also take a van load of the men to do work on his mate's property ..chain gang style. No one had the balls to say anything.

I've had it a year or more, not the cheapest I could find but close - I kinda regret not getting something posher on the second hand market. I'm only using it for pre-fallen trees, dont think i'll ever fell one tbh.

After about a few months a 16 inch bar seems annoyingly small but you have to start somewhere.

I also have a thing called a timber croc which if you are doing any volume at all is worth the money for the added safety.
i may have made a rookie mistake; i last used the chainsaw about six months ago, but didn't drain the fuel (i had another job i intended to tackle which fell by the wayside).
i just started it up now - it starts and idles fine, but when i pull the trigger, the chain spins up briefly and the engine bogs down and stops; i'm worried the fuel has deteriorated anf fouled up the carb.
i have also read that the carb could be set up to run too lean, but it's never been adjusted as it's never needed adjusting before now. the chain tension seems fine, too, it runs freely if you spin it by hand. at least there's a place a short walk away which can service them.

i may have made a rookie mistake; i last used the chainsaw about six months ago, but didn't drain the fuel (i had another job i intended to tackle which fell by the wayside).
i just started it up now - it starts and idles fine, but when i pull the trigger, the chain spins up briefly and the engine bogs down and stops; i'm worried the fuel has deteriorated anf fouled up the carb.
i have also read that the carb could be set up to run too lean, but it's never been adjusted as it's never needed adjusting before now. the chain tension seems fine, too, it runs freely if you spin it by hand. at least there's a place a short walk away which can service them.

It kinda sounds more like chain brake / clutch stuff to me. Carb adjustment is two screws but typically idle is used for the reference point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back