Bored in Work 533 (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does the Universe Need God?

Most modern cosmologists are convinced that conventional scientific progress will ultimately result in a self-contained understanding of the origin and evolution of the universe, without the need to invoke God or any other supernatural involvement.[2] This conviction necessarily falls short of a proof, but it is backed up by good reasons. While we don't have the final answers, I will attempt to explain the rationale behind the belief that science will ultimately understand the universe without involving God in any way.

A long but quite interesting article, aimed mainly at creation lovers, which gives quite a good overview of the current state of knowledge about the universe. Thats what your man says he's doing anyway and I believe him. Apparently if you go back far enough, to around the time of the big bang the linear notions of time and beginning that most of us hold dont apply any more. something like that

The crazy annoying kind of hot Mum in Modern family...

Claire-Dunphy-modern-family-16798203-500-281.gif

is the same woman who plays the Golf Tour Publicict in Happy Gilmore...

Julie_Bowen_Happy_Gilmore_Sweater_1.jpg

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

Does the Universe Need God?

A long but quite interesting article, aimed mainly at creation lovers, which gives quite a good overview of the current state of knowledge about the universe. Thats what your man says he's doing anyway and I believe him. Apparently if you go back far enough, to around the time of the big bang the linear notions of time and beginning that most of us hold dont apply any more. something like that

Yep, time pretty much didn't exist before the beginning of the universe, so the next time someone references anything "before the universe began" you can politely let them know that there was no time before the universe began so using the word "before" makes no sense whatsoever...

Yep, time pretty much didn't exist before the beginning of the universe, so the next time someone references anything "before the universe began" you can politely let them know that there was no time before the universe began so using the word "before" makes no sense whatsoever...
I think this lad was talking about the period between the nonsensical before and the comprehensible after, a something that was but in a nebulous sort of way that existed in a way that didn't involve a beginning or any kind of edges or centre.

I didn't understand a word of it, clearly

What was far worse was the pictures of Alan Ryan lying dead in the street plastered all over the herald amongst others.
The British papers trying to take the high moral ground is laughable too,pre leveson they would have been falling over each other to print them.

There is a brain museum in Peru. Do we have one here?

7987049367_9789beeaa0_c.jpg

There's a brain bank but it's for research purposes, not a museum that the public would have access to. However, there are a couple of human brain specimens on the first floor of the Natural History Museum if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back