Boojum Mexican Burrito Bar (1 Viewer)

Went to this place last Thursday. Nice staff, decent price and the food was...nothing special, in my opinion. Maybe I'll try it again but I couldn't help thinking while eating that I could probably make something nicer myself.
made carnitas two weeks ago. Have 6lbs. of pork shoulder on order for friday. Fresh salsa and guac is the key. I know I keep repeating myself, but it's so simple to do.

I dunno what beers they are, I'd imagine just bottles. It's both take away and seated!

CinnamonBoy..... you crazay!

I'll try it again. What do you suggest? I had a fajita tortilla with the chicken option, the hot salsa and guacamole. To my eyes the chicken looked like something you might get served out of a van at a match in Dalymount Park, is it supposed to be like that? Anyway, I was full after it but I wasn't hotly anticipating my next visit or anything. And I fucking LOVE Mexican food.

I had the shredded/pulled beef burrito here the other day and it was damn tasty. I didn't spend much time looking at the ingredients as they were making the thing but maybe the chicken is cooked the same way? (very slowly)

I really enjoyed my burrito on Friday. It's also the last thing I remember making any sense from the whole weekend.

Went there Easter Saturday and have been to the Belfast one a few times, I think its great, and would visit it for a munch anytime I would be in either city, when its abrekebabra or boojum for the same money, no contest.

Then again Cork's version Speedy Burritos, which used to be a falafel place called Falafals that changed overnight into a burrito bar is absolute rubbish. Bring Boojum to Cork

Had the shredded beef on Sunday, the meat didnt look great but it tasted lovely.
They do a student special for €6 including a drink :)

Boojum- Finally got to try this place today. Burrito the size of your head for 7 eurons. Tayshty. Tayshty Tayshty. The salsas are nice, the fillings are good and the fuckin size of it. Two thumbs up.

Pablo Picante is mad handy for me as I can nearly see it from the front door of my work. Burritos are very tasty although the veggie option is less than gorgeous. They know me by name in there.

Taco Taco- Decent burrito, but it has been knocked down two pegs by the shops above.

Pablo Picante is mad handy for me as I can nearly see it from the front door of my work. Burritos are very tasty although the veggie option is less than gorgeous. They know me by name in there.

QUOTE]

tried the el classico today. average i thought. try the beef yoke next time perhaps although boojum will get its turn first.
they knew everyone by name in there bar me and some english chap who were obviously pablo fergins.

I'll try it again. What do you suggest?

Well I really enjoy the shredded beef burrito with guacamole.
Had tacos in there the other day too which were great. You get three. I mixed it up by getting one beef, one chicken and one veggie. And the chicken seemed fine.

Give it another shot I guess and if you just don't like it, you just don't like it.

I was in there again yesterday, still lovely.
Looks like they stopped doing the €6 student special.

Well I really enjoy the shredded beef burrito with guacamole.
Had tacos in there the other day too which were great. You get three. I mixed it up by getting one beef, one chicken and one veggie. And the chicken seemed fine.

Give it another shot I guess and if you just don't like it, you just don't like it.

Hang on a sec there now, I never said I didn't like it! I just didn't think it was anything special. The student price is excellent though so I'll be going back soon for another whirl.

why is the shredded beef in water/juice? burrito was too wet because of it. decent burrito though. herself gave the veggie one the thumbs up and all. getting the chicken next time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back