Bold/Youth Of Today... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 5
but really, who needs this?

i think it was "no reason" who had a great song about youth crew bands re-uniting, to ca$h in, back in the end of the 90ies when this old school hardcore revival with Ten Yard Fight, Circle Storm, etc. took place. The song was called "one thing still holds true" and the chorus, which was a rip off of Chain Of Strengt´s One Thing Still Holds True went something like this:
one thing still holds true, is just your greed.

haha.

Looking back now the summer of '88
When hardcore was young and the shows were great
The sky was the limit, the world was our stage
The future so bright we had to wear shades

I can't wait until two thousand ten
So we can relearn these songs and play them again and again!

I long for the days after we've had our fun
When we will look back on what we have done
We'll remember the dreams and all that it meant
But all the memories in the world, they can't pay the rent

Two thousand one: we'll call it quits the band will be done
Two thousand two: we'll sell our discography to you
Two thousand three: we'll sit back and we'll count our money
Two thousand four: two words “Reunion tour”!

thedonal said:
stop defending them conor, either hate them with the rest of us, or ehh.. find someone new that we can pull the piss out of
I just can't mate, I wanted to, I had believed all the shite I'd read, but from experience he was only ever a sound and nice fella!

Porcell's doing a label now - Fight Fire With Fire records and doing a NFG style poppunk band (who are supposedly shite) called Last of the Famous. He was doing a band called Never Surrender for a while but they weren't my cuppa tea, pretty disappointing.

His wife wasn't in BabyGopal. The yoga site says his wife's called Bridget, the one from BabyGopal was his ex, called Sri.

oh fuck. she looks like a carbon copy of sri... this bastard... did he get divorced or what? has he been maried...
has he had sex more than for the sole purpose of getting some new humans into this world?

for Judge: Wasn´t it Mr. Havoc, who said that Judge is great drinking music? I agree with that :)

for the first Shelter record: There´s a live video out (was out?) on Equal Vision i guess, which features some great footage of the early Shelter tours, completly wrapped up in those monk outfits and chanting. The pictures quality is really bad, almost psychedelic, as there´s lot´s of strange colours running around in the frames but half of the songs / shows are really decent.

_Andreas_ said:
oh fuck. she looks like a carbon copy of sri... this bastard... did he get divorced or what? has he been maried...
has he had sex more than for the sole purpose of getting some new humans into this world?
I think he was married to Sri at one time, they were definitely engaged in the 1995 feature on Channel 4's Passengers. I assumed he had divorced Sri so he could hook up with this other broad;) .

for the first Shelter record: There´s a live video out (was out?) on Equal Vision i guess, which features some great footage of the early Shelter tours, completly wrapped up in those monk outfits and chanting. The pictures quality is really bad, almost psychedelic, as there´s lot´s of strange colours running around in the frames but half of the songs / shows are really decent.
aye I've a copy of that, pretty shite I reckon. I reckon the poor colours is because mine is a millionth generation vhs copy but even at that it's boring. I guess I just am not into the first Shelter record. Does have two funny bits on the vid though:
1 - Ray dropkicking Porcell onstage
2 - them walking about a 24hr supermarket in robes banging their stupid bongos

Not really fussed on the first Shelter record, couple of songs on Quest for Certainty are decent though. I thought most of the early Shelter lineup wer from some band called 76% Uncertain?

Reflex From pain was pre 76% Uncertain(Estimated Monkey Time by them is one of the greatest hardcore records ever)The first lp line up of Shelter was basically Reflex From Pain + Tom Capone. C.I.A. and Violent Children are also tied up in there.

I'm more of a jersey's best dancers fan myself, but both albums are brilliant. I hear the band are recieving a staggering amount of cash for the gig, and are donating 50% to CBGBs. In fact, the whole thing (them playing that is) is merely to raise said cash. Which fuckin sucks, cos i want to see them tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back